Windows 10: Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've just bought a new laptop and whilst following the setup sequence I've landed on a page that wants me to create a Microsoft account. I don't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gwaihir, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Gwaihir Win User

Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account

Hi, I've just bought a new laptop and whilst following the setup sequence I've landed on a page that wants me to create a Microsoft account. I don't want to do this, I simply want to create a local Windows admin account but I can't escape from this page. Having reached this page the back button just returns to it and no other options are available except Create a new (Microsoft) account. It doesn't even have an option to shut the PC down, the only way I can do it is using the power button.

During the setup sequence I selected the region, keyboard and connected to my router. At no point was any other option offered until I landed on the offending page. After shutting the laptop down the next time I power it up it immediately returns to this page.

Has anyone encountered this problem and/or know of a way round it?

Regards,
    Mike.

:)

Gwaihir, Jun 20, 2020

2. Reset/reformat my Windows 10 now I'm being forced to create a Microsoft account

As the title suggests I just reformat or rather "reset" my computer/windows 10 or how ever you want to look at it...and during the process it asked me for my Microsoft Account and I've never had a Microsoft account so I always skipped this step...except
    this time it forced FORCED me to create one in order to proceed...I want to know why and I don't want to have a Microsoft account can this be retracted?

ty

Scorpio.Rob, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account

Cannot create Microsoft Account.

Hi Ranjith,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Are you trying to create a new Microsoft Account but unable to?

2. Are you trying to convert/change the local account into a Microsoft Account?

3. If you are unable to create a Microsoft Account, can you provide the error message that you are receiving while creating the account?

If you are trying to convert/change your local account into a Microsoft Account, follow the steps below

How to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Also refer to the article, Create a user account provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account

1. Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account - Similar Threads - trying force create

2. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.: I purchased microsoft office pro and keep getting popups from microsoft trying to force me to buy 365. what has to be done to stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trying-to-force-me-to-buy-365/9dcaaef3-ca70-482c-bbfb-a6bf7003c2bb
  3. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.: I purchased microsoft office pro and keep getting popups from microsoft trying to force me to buy 365. what has to be done to stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trying-to-force-me-to-buy-365/9dcaaef3-ca70-482c-bbfb-a6bf7003c2bb
  4. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 computer forces me to try and create a PIN. PIN creation fails and it sends me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer forces me to try and create a PIN. PIN creation fails and it sends me...: After successful login to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 computer it forces me to try and create a PIN. That fails and it sends me back to the login screen. I can't get into Windows 10....
  6. Windows 10 computer forces me to try and create a PIN. PIN creation fails and it sends me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 computer forces me to try and create a PIN. PIN creation fails and it sends me...: After successful login to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 computer it forces me to try and create a PIN. That fails and it sends me back to the login screen. I can't get into Windows 10....
  7. How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?: Hi guys, I set up WIndows 10 20H2 on a newly bought PC. Now Windows is trying to force me to use a Microsoft account. This always worked without one on my old PC - which ran Windows 10 20H2 as well. What do I have to do to make Windows stop showing me "reminder" messages...
  8. Is Windows going to force me to have a Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is Windows going to force me to have a Microsoft account?: Windows started bugging me with messages that it "must" connect to a Microsoft account. Initially I was able to dismiss this message, although the button read "remind me later". Today the message appeared again, this time I could only dismiss it with a "remind me in 3...
  9. Is Windows going to force me to have a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows going to force me to have a Microsoft account?: Windows started bugging me with messages that it "must" connect to a Microsoft account. Initially I was able to dismiss this message, although the button read "remind me later". Today the message appeared again, this time I could only dismiss it with a "remind me in 3...
  10. Forced Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Microsoft Account: Why do some new Windows 10 computers force you to create a Microsoft Account that you can then switch to a local afterwards? Why not just let people make a local account in the first place? This is such a waste of time considering most of my customers don't need it and do not...