Windows 10: Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error

Discus and support Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have had Ubuntu Dualbooted with Windows 10 (Upgraded from Windows 7) on my computer for a while. I decided to remove Ubuntu. I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by braydenhelms, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error

Hello, I have had Ubuntu Dualbooted with Windows 10 (Upgraded from Windows 7) on my computer for a while. I decided to remove Ubuntu. I used the “Bootrec /fixmbr” to replace the linux boot with windows boot. I then deleted the linux partition and restarted. To my surprise, the windows 7 boot manager popped up saying there were missing/corrupt files. Since my PC had been upgraded from windows 7, remains of 7 tried to boot because the BCD was rebuilt. Any way to get windows 10 back?

:)

braydenhelms, Mar 9, 2019
  2. zithe Win User

Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

Did you burn the image on the slowest setting possible? Pop your disc in and try checking the disc for errors (booting from the disc). If it has an error on it then you have a bad install.

I just googled your motherboard and ubuntu... This thread is on the list. XD

If it's a bad install I'd suggest a different version of Ubuntu or to try Fedora instead. I had nothing but trouble with 8.04.

Also, try your connections. Sounds stupid but maybe the CD sent it and the hard drive couldn't get it or some weird thing like that. (Talking out my rear end now, but it's worth a shot)

Sorry I couldn't help more. *Frown Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error :(

zithe, Mar 9, 2019
  3. rboppy Win User
    Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Gymbos Win User

Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error

Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error

1. Windows/Ubuntu/Upgrade Error - Similar Threads - Ubuntu Upgrade Error

2. Ubuntu Error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu Error 0x80070002: I tried installing wsl and had an issue where Ubuntu had closed before i could put in my password. Now when i open it i get this stringInstalling, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070002 Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the...
  3. Ubuntu Error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Error 0x80070002: I tried installing wsl and had an issue where Ubuntu had closed before i could put in my password. Now when i open it i get this stringInstalling, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070002 Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the...
  4. Ubuntu Error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. error in ubuntu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error in ubuntu: hi everyone is was installing chrome os using ubuntu software but there came an error "WSL1 is not supported, please install WSL2 to use this installer"i watched many video's on YouTube and tried them but still nothing is happening i can't restart ubuntu and windows because i...
  6. error in ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error in ubuntu: hi everyone is was installing chrome os using ubuntu software but there came an error "WSL1 is not supported, please install WSL2 to use this installer"i watched many video's on YouTube and tried them but still nothing is happening i can't restart ubuntu and windows because i...
  7. error in ubuntu

8. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  9. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  10. Dual Booting while upgrading Windows and installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Booting while upgrading Windows and installing Ubuntu: I have Windows 10 Home/Pro ready to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I also want to dual boot into Ubuntu and will need to install that as well. I have also just installed an SSD and have 2TB hard drive space. With all that being said, what is the best procedure for dual booting...