Windows 10: Windows/ubuntu

Discus and support Windows/ubuntu in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 ssd'd on my MB. One is Windows and one is Ubuntu. I want to remove the ssd that has Ubuntu. It's not a typical dual boot system that had both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by williamsteadman1, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Windows/ubuntu

I have 2 ssd'd on my MB. One is Windows and one is Ubuntu. I want to remove the ssd that has Ubuntu. It's not a typical dual boot system that had both OS on the same disc but I am still unsure what will happen If I remove the Ubuntu ssd. I don't want to lose anything or have a non booting system.

:)

williamsteadman1, Nov 12, 2019
  2. rboppy Win User

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Gymbos Win User
    Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Windows/ubuntu

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows/ubuntu

1. Windows/ubuntu - Similar Threads - ubuntu

2. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  3. installing Windows on Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing Windows on Ubuntu: I have Ubuntu 18.04 but I would like to install Windows 10 either along side it or instead. I have the ios on a usb that I have mounted using MultiWriter. When I restart the laptop and click boot options, the usb is not presented as one of the options. I would appreciate as...
  4. Hyper-V Memory Error on Ubuntu Guest OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Memory Error on Ubuntu Guest OS: I get an error when I run Linux Ubuntu on Hyper-V saying I need more memory to run it. What does it mean and how do I fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-memory-error-on-ubuntu-guest-os/64f2c32c-feba-44d4-a1ac-ec15566041e2"
  5. RDP into Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop VM on HyperV with xRPD from other device

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    RDP into Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop VM on HyperV with xRPD from other device: Hi guys, I've set up an Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop VM on Hyper-V using the quick-create option and have no problem accessing the VM via Hyper-V. When I connect, it goes through xrdp and all is well. The issue is when I try to connect to the VM from another device on the same...
  6. Dual boot with Ubuntu gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu gone: Suddenly my grub is gone and when I boot my device goes directly to the Windows 10. Can I remove Ubuntu through Windows without concerns or should I need to be careful because grub is still around and probably will brick my PC? Thanks! submitted by /u/Johan144 [link]...
  7. Ubuntu App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ubuntu App: I installed ubuntu off the windows store to use it with webstorm for work on a translation project using apertium. Right clicking on the icon in the menu doesn't show me where it is installed and I would like to use it as the terminal in webstorm. I also don't appear to have...
  8. Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?: Dear Windows users and experts, I am using Windows 10 1909 pro version. In the dark mode of Windows I see the color is too dark (pitch black). But if I see in Ubuntu or Mac Ox dark mode color those are more mild dark color. Can anyone suggest me if it is possible to...
  9. Booting legit windows10 instance from my virtualBox on ubuntu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Booting legit windows10 instance from my virtualBox on ubuntu: Dear Microsoft Team, I have a dual-boot PC with a linux Ubuntu 18.04 (partition U1) and a Windows10 (partition W1) with a licence. I worked all the time with ubuntu and I am able to launch the system on W1 (the same windows10 than the one that I can boot from the dual boot)...
  10. How properly setup sharing folder to access it from Ubuntu over Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How properly setup sharing folder to access it from Ubuntu over Ethernet: Hello, I setup one folder for sharing on my Windows 10 machine. Then I setup IP options for wired connection on both machines and cheked the connection with ping. It works. Finally I've tried to access the windows shared folder from Ubuntu. And it didn't work. Well ......