Windows 10: Windows UEFI, BIOS, and chipset questions

Discus and support Windows UEFI, BIOS, and chipset questions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hallo Guys im new to the Forum, i've got some questions maybe someone could help me. At first sorry for my english i'm from Germany ^^ Now to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D4v1dos, Nov 22, 2020.

1. D4v1dos Win User

Windows UEFI, BIOS, and chipset questions

Hallo Guys im new to the Forum, i've got some questions maybe someone could help me. At first sorry for my english i'm from Germany ^^

Now to my questions, i've got my self a Clevo Notebook with the Mainboard: NB50TJ1_TK1, i dont have any kind of manual because the Shop where i bought the custom laptop didnt send one with the Notebook, so i installed Windows 10 on it trough the UEFI Mode, but its still booting into an Legacy bios and i really hate the Look of the Legacy bios also i hate the Layout and those few options i got in there so i wanted to get some kind of UEFI interface on it, so thats my first question is it even possible to get another interface for my bios ?
    In addition to the question, Windows Shows me everywhere that my Windows is using UEFi, at the msinfo32, at diskmgmt and on all other points (yes i checkd all of them)which @Brink posted in another thread.

The other question is, i dont know where to Look or if there is any kind of Tool which could Tell me more info about my Bios like which chip is build onto the motherboard, maybe someone could help me with that ?

And my last question is, somewhere above i said that ive got very vew options in my bios, also to that i do not have any kind of Boot Mode option or any kind of gpu settings or cpu settings and my access level shows user but there is no supervisor password, is it still possible that there are hidden settings or is ot because of the motherboard i really dont know and couldnt find much info to my questions.
    Also because i never wrote it and maybe its important ive got the aptio setup utility from ami on Version 10712 and the EC Firmware Updated to 10706.

I hope someone could really help me because the support from where i bought the Notebook, is very unreliable.

:)

D4v1dos, Nov 22, 2020

2. UEFI and BIOS problem

After going though the steps of to access my Uefi/ Bios menu (go to advanced options, click recovery, restart, advanced options yadadada) my bios menu changed. I cannot for the life of me figure out how i can access my onboard chipset. I just want to
    enable my onboard graphics card. Any help would be appreciated.

MikeParkerson, Nov 22, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    UEFI on 990 Chipsets.

I'm pretty sure Gigabyte and MSI both use UEFI with some of their 990 boards.

I don't know about that. It's a bios with a GUI and mouse support from what I can tell.

erocker, Nov 22, 2020
  4. RandelA Win User

Windows Setup and UEFI BIOS

Suppose I have my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit ISO setup contents copied to a boot-able USB flash drive.
    Suppose I modified it by copying the folder efi/microsoft/boot, and pasting it to efi/ to make my windows boot on UEFI systems. (as said on this tutorial, for 64-bit)

Question:
    Would my UEFI-ied Windows 7 Setup work on other BIOS systems?

RandelA, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows UEFI, BIOS, and chipset questions - Similar Threads - UEFI BIOS chipset

2. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset: Hi all,Having major issues with my PC atm. I have not had BIOS or UEFI access for some time, I have managed but it's been inconvenient. Every time I have replaced or reseated a device my motherboards QLED would come up with boot green light error but eventually turned on If I...
  3. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset: Hi all,Having major issues with my PC atm. I have not had BIOS or UEFI access for some time, I have managed but it's been inconvenient. Every time I have replaced or reseated a device my motherboards QLED would come up with boot green light error but eventually turned on If I...
  4. BIOS or Chipset Driver Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS or Chipset Driver Update: Can someone help me find the latest BIOS or Chipset for my HP (Hewlett-Packard) Desktop? The latest BIOS update package doesn't work from HP. It always says this BIOS version doesn't match the hardware on your computer. So would a Chipset update fix it? Reason for asking: My...
  5. UEFI Question

UEFI Question: I use Windows 10, i installed windows with UEFI, i need to install an os alongside windows, will windows 10 still boot after i change it from "UEFI" to "Legacy Support UEFI First"...
  6. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  7. Intel Chipset numbering question

Intel Chipset numbering question: When I run the Intel Driver Update Utility, it always shows my chipset needs an update. My problem is that my current version is 10.1.2.8 Intel Driver Update Utility wants to go to 10.1.1.14 Isn't 10.1.2 greater than 10.1.1? Or am I applying math where it doesn't...
  8. Chipset Driver Question

Chipset Driver Question: Hello , have a good day. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Everything looks fine in the Device Manager. Will the recent chipset drivers from the AMD site affect the performance of the load?There is no AHCI or Raid in the system.There is an "AMD usb filter driver" and...
  9. Question on Intel Chipset Updates

Question on Intel Chipset Updates: My system is a Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero When I installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit at the time I installed the latest chipset (version 10.1.2.10). All has been well, but when I used the Windows Update Minitool the other week it says that there is a new update to these...
  10. Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot: So, basically if we have a computer that doesn't have a UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot, then we can't upgrade to Windows 10? Am I right or wrong here? 4913