Windows 10: Windows UEFI in advanced startup.

Discus and support Windows UEFI in advanced startup. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I go into advanced startup, I restart, I go to troubleshoot, and to my UEFI settings. It then proceeds to say to restart to change UEFI settings, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArnoSW, May 19, 2020.

1. ArnoSW Win User

Windows UEFI in advanced startup.

I go into advanced startup, I restart, I go to troubleshoot, and to my UEFI settings. It then proceeds to say to restart to change UEFI settings, and when I do so, my screen goes black then appears to stay black. I've taken my time and waited to see if anything would happen, but nothing did. Though my PC was still on, as were my keyboard and mouse which were still connected and lit up.

:)

ArnoSW, May 19, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 19, 2020
  3. feelulive Win User
    windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, May 19, 2020
  4. feelulive Win User

windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

Windows UEFI in advanced startup. [​IMG]

feelulive, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows UEFI in advanced startup. - Similar Threads - UEFI advanced startup

2. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  3. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  4. Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option: Hello,I have an issue which requires me to go the Advanced Startup Menu, but when I get to the menu, the only option I see is the UEFI option. I am using a custom PC. I used to work on my laptop and had all of the options on the Advanced Startup Menu.Is there a way or...
  5. Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option: Hello,I have an issue which requires me to go the Advanced Startup Menu, but when I get to the menu, the only option I see is the UEFI option. I am using a custom PC, I used to work on my laptop and it has all of the options on the Advanced Startup Menu.Is there a way or...
  6. Advanced Startup Problems

Advanced Startup Problems: Alright so, i wanna reset my pc from advanced startup so i dont need to use boot device but when i open advanced startup and click troubleshoot it directly goes into advanced options what do i do to fix this?...
  7. "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart: Hi, I wanna ask this question because i cant access to my bios with my keyboard in normal startup or when i restart the pc. I was looking for options and when i choose to initiate my Bios with "advanced restart" i mean the option UEFI Firmware i noticed i dont have that...
  8. unable to restart using advanced startup to access uefi settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    unable to restart using advanced startup to access uefi settings: as the title describes, i am completely unable to restart from "settings, recovery, advanced startup". for those who are not familiar with the menu i am trying to describe, it's this one. no matter what option i select on that list, my computer turns off, turns back on and...
  9. Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting

Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting: I am trying to get UEFI enabled on my Lenovo M91P so I can install a larger than 2TB hard drive. I downloaded the latest BIOS and flashed it successfully. I can see the auto / legacy / UEFI boot option in the firmware setup screen, so it looks to be fully updated and that...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998