Windows 10: Windows uefi mode ssd wrong size of recovery partition

Discus and support Windows uefi mode ssd wrong size of recovery partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When i clean install 20h2 windows in a 256 gb ssd it creates auto a recovery partition of 500 mb (with the number 4 as the foto). If you disable it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by boombastik, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Windows uefi mode ssd wrong size of recovery partition

When i clean install 20h2 windows in a 256 gb ssd it creates auto a recovery partition of 500 mb (with the number 4 as the foto).

If you disable it (reagentc /disable) and then enable it again, the windows put the recovery in windows C partition because windows find that the 500mb partition is very small for it.

Anyone have seen this?

For now with macrium reflect i made it 1gb and after login in windows i run the reagentc /enable and windows put it again in the right recovery partition.

Windows uefi mode ssd wrong size of recovery partition [​IMG]

:)

boombastik, Dec 9, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows has the wrong location for the recovery partition

There are 4 partitions on the disk. After the EFI system partition the is a tiny Microsoft System Reserved (MSR) partition that will not show up in disk management. It will if you list partition in diskpart:

Code:

NavyLCDR, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Avocado Win User
    EFI system and Recovery partitions on wrong drive (I ran a search)

Depending how the Windows install media is booted (UEFI or Legacy BIOS) Windows Setup creates either GPT or MBR partition style on the SSD/HDD.

The UEFI option will boot the Windows install media in UEFI mode and Windows Setup will create the GPT partition style automatically. On a GPT disk, Windows Setup will create a Recovery partition, an EFI System partition, a Microsoft Reserved partition (won't show in Disk Management) and a primary Windows partition.

The non-UEFI option will boot the Windows install media in Legacy BIOS mode and Windows Setup will create the MBR partition style automatically. On an MBR disk, Windows Setup will create a System Reserved partition and a primary Windows partition.

Avocado, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Windows uefi mode ssd wrong size of recovery partition

Partition resized, Windows 8.1 not booting, UEFI

Hi all,

Ok, I have a new lenovo ideapad 305 (system is UEFI boot), I used minitool partition wizard to resize the c: & d: drives (to increase space on the D) but didn't touch anything else, rebooted into windows & it seemed nothing had changed, so I booted up by USB and the partitions were exactly what I had changed them to. Thinking this was really weird, I tried rebooting & have not been able to get into windows since.
    I have tried recovery through the windows 8.1 cd but it does not recognise the partitions at all! So I can't even use diskpart or the like, I have tried several boot recovery tools, some see the partitions & some don't, so I guess I need to make the partitions UEFI-enabled? I'm not fully savvy with UEFI & I've tried every piece of advice I could find, but i'm stuck, any clues?

Thanks for any help!

killer_cain, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows uefi mode ssd wrong size of recovery partition

1. Windows uefi mode ssd wrong size of recovery partition - Similar Threads - uefi mode ssd

2. SSD showing wrong size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD showing wrong size in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I built my first computer all by myself. Everything is running great and smoothly. At first, I tried running Linux, then Windows. After several installations for testing purpose, I saw at my surprise that the SSD size is smaller for Windows that it should be. It's...
  3. Windows 10 Installation size on SSD partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Installation size on SSD partition: I have a 256GB SSD divided into 2 partitions. One is for Win 10. My Win 10 is in a 65GB partition but only uses 35GB at any one time. Can I shrink that partition down and if so, by how much? Thanks! 174919
  4. Question about windows recovery partition size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about windows recovery partition size: I have a 512 ssd and the size of WinRE_DRV is 1gb. Is this too much or normal? submitted by /u/NiceSignal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl7c0v/question_about_windows_recovery_partition_size/
  5. SSD + HDD as Recovery Partition

SSD + HDD as Recovery Partition: Win 10 v 1909. I have never run into this before. An SSD with a 1tb HDD as recovery partition. Can someone tell me how this is done because I want to make 1tb hdd separate. New Lenovo 510A Thanks [img] 156079
  6. Windows has the wrong location for the recovery partition

Windows has the wrong location for the recovery partition: I recently deleted the 2 OEM recovery partitions on the SSD on my laptop (now running version 1909), moved the Windows recovery partition to the end of the disk, and extended my C: drive to take up the newly vacated space. However, now the recovery partition is no longer...
  7. Optimizing the Recovery Partition on a SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimizing the Recovery Partition on a SSD: I have a feeling this has been asked before and the answer is “Just leave it, it doesn’t matter” I notice the recovery partition on my SSD is always reporting as “Never run” and “Needs optimizing” If you chose to optimize it does nothing. [img] Any advice on this...
  8. Expanding SSD Partition Size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Expanding SSD Partition Size: I have a Samsung 850 EVO 500g SSD that was originally made to house two partitions, C: and D:. I've migrated all my files from D: to another drive and have unallocated the D: drive. But now I'm having trouble allocating all the space now recovered from D: to the C:...
  9. Recovery partitions on SSD

Recovery partitions on SSD: I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with a 120GB SSD and a 1TB hard disk. I have the OS on the SSD (C:\) together with the programs. So far I have installed Office 365 and little else. I have moved the data directories from C:\Users to the D: drive. The laptop came with no...
  10. SSD not identifible in UEFI mode

SSD not identifible in UEFI mode: So i'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 onto my operating system and I can only install it with GPT partition mode. Only issue is after it's installed on my SSD, when it restarts and boots in the BIOS it cant be identified so I can't boot the OS. This also happens with my...