Windows 10: Windows UEFI Secure Boot .efi File Signed by Customized Key

Discus and support Windows UEFI Secure Boot .efi File Signed by Customized Key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, My company is recently exploring an feature related Secure Boot, we want our hardware to enable secure boot on Windows, then lock down the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Miles.C, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Miles.C Win User

Windows UEFI Secure Boot .efi File Signed by Customized Key

Hi,

My company is recently exploring an feature related Secure Boot, we want our hardware to enable secure boot on Windows, then lock down the firmware. Thus, no one can erase our Windows OS and install other OS. After several attempts, I noticed that Windows will not allow me to sign its .efi files with my own DB key, it will fail to boot. eg. the bootx64.efi signed by my DB.key cannot be verified by Microsoft's certificates installed on Windows.

I was wondering if Microsoft offers any service to customize Windows OS image creation with my org's certificates installed, then I can use our own key to sign .efi and the signed .efi file still gets recognized by the Windows OS.

Or if there is any alternative way to archive our goal above, please advise.

Thank you.

:)

Miles.C, Mar 17, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 17, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I got it, I was not accustomed to UEFI (because on HP 4540s I disabled it) and I automatically thought that if I boot from the first menu it will boot in UEFI mode, but I have to go to second menu "Boot From EFI File" to get a list of EFI boot options:

Windows UEFI Secure Boot .efi File Signed by Customized Key IMG_1509375.jpg

I installed Ubuntu Mate and Windows 8.1 from the first menu (the picture) and they both installed in BIOS mode. Quite simple really.

Uplink10, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows UEFI Secure Boot .efi File Signed by Customized Key - Similar Threads - UEFI Secure Boot

2. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi: Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...I try to install a new PC HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file a bootable USB GPT - UEFI - NTFS 4096 bytes as Cluster size.Rufus created 2 partitions : one with 4.3 GB of folders and...
  3. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi: Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...I try to install a new PC HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file a bootable USB GPT - UEFI - NTFS 4096 bytes as Cluster size.Rufus created 2 partitions : one with 4.3 GB of folders and...
  4. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. UEFI Secure boot

UEFI Secure boot: hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup........
  6. UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10: Hi, does protecting Windows 10 boot process from know attacks is by simply enabling Secure Boot option in UEFI settings in contrast to the long procedure to follow in GNU/Linux distributions to enable that security feature ? Thanks. submitted by /u/Spare_Prize1148 [link]...
  7. UEFI Secure Boot questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI Secure Boot questions: My laptop has Windows 10 with Secure Boot enabled in my UEFI firmware setting and my question is, can Secure Boot still protect booting from a malicious OS or tool (from a bootable USB stick) even when using the F12 Boot Menu Options prompt? I have a Dell laptop, which uses...
  8. UEFI with secure boot disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...
  9. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...
  10. Windows won't boot in UEFI mode, deleted EFI partition.

Windows won't boot in UEFI mode, deleted EFI partition.: Okay, so the other week i received a new Clevo P650SE laptop. The laptop only had a 500GB 7200RPM HDD with Windows 10 to begin with, so yesterday i added my Samsung 840 EVO SSD. As i wanted this to now be the primary drive, i made another new installation of Windows onto...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. leaked efi microsoft signed