Windows 10: Windows UEFI USB boot not working

Discus and support Windows UEFI USB boot not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SkyyTheGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k67yly/windows_uefi_usb_boot_not_working/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkyyTheGuy, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Windows UEFI USB boot not working

/u/SkyyTheGuy, Dec 3, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

UEFI install Windows 10 was A LOT OF work!

because that doesn't work on some boards *Wink Windows UEFI USB boot not working ;)

OneMoar, Dec 3, 2020
  3. RandelA Win User
    Windows Setup and UEFI BIOS

Suppose I have my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit ISO setup contents copied to a boot-able USB flash drive.
    Suppose I modified it by copying the folder efi/microsoft/boot, and pasting it to efi/ to make my windows boot on UEFI systems. (as said on this tutorial, for 64-bit)

Question:
    Would my UEFI-ied Windows 7 Setup work on other BIOS systems?

RandelA, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Harry9001 Win User

Windows UEFI USB boot not working

Gigabyte Mobo not booting from usb

USB legecy is on and by pressing F12, i get the option which device to boot, ive tried both the usb options listed there(simple and uefi one) nothing works

Harry9001, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows UEFI USB boot not working

1. Windows UEFI USB boot not working - Similar Threads - UEFI USB boot

2. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  3. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  4. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.

Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.: I want to do a fresh install of windows on my ssd with a usb. I don't have access to a secondary windows computer but have downloaded the .iso file on a sandisk 16GB usb from my mac. My pc originally didn't boot with the file in the exfat format so I managed to copy the .iso...
  6. Dell UEFI USB Boot

Dell UEFI USB Boot: Hi all, Sorry if this question has been asked before. I have already gone through a number of fixes but nothing seems to be working for me so far. I have been provided with a USB with an MDT image on to re-image a number of PCs but soon realised it was formatted in NTFS due...
  7. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  8. Cannot boot from USB Windows 10 UEFI

Cannot boot from USB Windows 10 UEFI: I'm having difficulty booting from a USB flash drive. Although the USB drive appears in the boot menu, when clicked the screen goes blank, then sends me back to the boot menu within seconds. I have tried using several different USB creation utilities, including Rufus. This...
  9. USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI: Hello all, I am trying update my system BIOS. The System Board has an update for it. Boot to Windows 10 UEFI does not enable the USB mouse and keyboard, and I do not have a PS2 combo to attempt, although I am not sure that will work either, depending on consensus. Might...
  10. windows 10 usb not appearing in UEFI boot sources

windows 10 usb not appearing in UEFI boot sources: i've installed windows 10 on linux before and i've never had any problems booting it (from what i remember, through UEFI boot sources). currently the windows 10 iso seems to be the only one that isn't appearing in UEFI; i installed peppermint from lubuntu using the same image...