Windows 10: Windows UI issue - wrong/mixed interface strings

Discus and support Windows UI issue - wrong/mixed interface strings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I bought a new laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home Edition. I also installed the last Windows updates and Russian language pack from MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DmitryElj, Dec 1, 2019.

1. DmitryElj Win User

Windows UI issue - wrong/mixed interface strings

Hi all,

I bought a new laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home Edition. I also installed the last Windows updates and Russian language pack from MS Store.

Finally, I see that some of the UI strings are wrong and/or placed incorrectly. For instance, right string should be "High Contrast Settings", and there is "1 hour" (see screenshot attached). Some other strings looks like "%d%s!".

Windows UI issue - wrong/mixed interface strings 2cbb519f-2931-4ccc-a90b-52f50b4257e4?upload=true.jpg

It looks like, some string resources were replaced with a wrong ones, after installing some updates or language pack. When I am switching to Russian and back to English, problem is still exist.

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

:)

DmitryElj, Dec 1, 2019

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Something Went Wrong And we could not start Windows Mixed Reality We're not sure what's up, but this error code should help: S3002261-101

Hi Stephano,

I've gone through your post and saw that you've already tried several troubleshooting steps to address the issue. To help us further isolate this concern, I would like to ask the following:

• Where you able to use Windows Mixed Reality alongside Steam VR before?
    • If yes, did the issue start after installing the Windows 10 1803 update?
    • Did you install the Windows Mixed Reality in elevated privileges?

Meantime, please try these steps to address the error Something went wrong, and we couldn't start Windows Mixed Reality:

1. Unplug your headset from your computer (both cables).
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. Go Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and make sure Windows Update is turned on. Download and install any updates that are waiting to be installed.
    4. Reconnect your headset to the computer, then try the setup again.

If the above steps don’t work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Windows Mixed Reality. Go to
    Settings > Mixed reality > Uninstall and select Uninstall. Restart your computer, then start the setup process again by plugging in your headset into your PC.

For more information about Windows Mixed Reality, check out the following links:

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows UI issue - wrong/mixed interface strings - Similar Threads - issue wrong mixed

2. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a seemingly unrelated string of issues: If you look at this list in total it appears to be a seemingly unrelated string of issues.ASUS Crate will not installASUS Blu-ray firmware won't installCyberlink DVD Video won't openNero DVD Video can't access the two internal Blu-ray drivesAnd then I found this in Device...
  3. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a seemingly unrelated string of issues: If you look at this list in total it appears to be a seemingly unrelated string of issues.ASUS Crate will not installASUS Blu-ray firmware won't installCyberlink DVD Video won't openNero DVD Video can't access the two internal Blu-ray drivesAnd then I found this in Device...
  4. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Packets sent to the wrong interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Packets sent to the wrong interface: Hello !I have a laptop with Win11 Pro. It is connected to internet with both WiFi and an ethernet cable.I am working with an Linux-embedded device SOM board. It is connected to my laptop with USB, using an RNDIS driver to emulate a network card. The embedded device runs a...
  6. Packets sent to the wrong interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Packets sent to the wrong interface: Hello !I have a laptop with Win11 Pro. It is connected to internet with both WiFi and an ethernet cable.I am working with an Linux-embedded device SOM board. It is connected to my laptop with USB, using an RNDIS driver to emulate a network card. The embedded device runs a...
  7. Interface Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interface Issue: I got this problem recently when I started my computer and it showed to select a boot device ,which did not appeared earlier . I booted on , and my right click was not working , I clicked on start menu and that was also not working ,nothing on my taskbar was opening . only...
  8. Microsoft polishing UI in Windows Mixed Reality with Windows 10 19H1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft polishing UI in Windows Mixed Reality with Windows 10 19H1: Microsoft are quietly going about polishing the user interface in Windows Mixed Reality in the 19H1 Windows Insider builds. Microsoft don’t mentioned the changes in each build’s release notes so here are some of the changes I spotted in the most recent build (18305). Read...
  9. Windows 10 UI and Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 UI and Issues: Why Microsoft is not adding fluent design system to its dialog boxes and context menu. It looks weird some parts of windows adapted fluent design but still in many places fluent design is not present. I want Microsoft to ditch its ugly Ribbon UI in file explorer and office...
  10. Windows Mixed Reality Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Issues: Hello! I'm not sure how many other people have faced these issues, but I can't seem to narrow it down to a simple determination of "Hardware or Software issues," so here we go; I have the Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset, Zotac 1070ti 8gb, Intel i5 4690k, MSI B85M, 16gb...