Windows 10: Windows unable to boot - Automatic Repair loop - SSD corrupt?

Discus and support Windows unable to boot - Automatic Repair loop - SSD corrupt? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 120gb Kingston SSD in my secondary PC running Windows 10. The SSD was the boot drive until recently. Fine one evening then the next day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ben Stratford, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Windows unable to boot - Automatic Repair loop - SSD corrupt?

Hi,

I have a 120gb Kingston SSD in my secondary PC running Windows 10. The SSD was the boot drive until recently. Fine one evening then the next day stuck in an Automatic Repair loop, resulting in a black screen even after hours of waiting.

I think the SSD may have become corrupted and now completely unusable but I'd like to air it here in case anymore has some suggestions. I believe the SSD only had the OS on; the libraries were pointed at another drive and so should be safe on the other drive, so data loss is minimal.

I've tried booting from a Windows Media USB to repair Windows however whenever I try to do this with the SSD connected, it never loads the Windows installation screen despite booting from the USB. I've confirmed this by making the SATA ports hot-pluggable and booting with the SSD disconnected to confirm it definitely isn't booting from the SSD, or trying to. With the SSD disconnected, I can see and use the Windows installation screen from the USB.

I click "Repair Computer" and then connect the SSD but cannot do anything to repair or reinstall Windows on the SSD. After connecting the SSD, I can open CMD and see the drive connected by entering "fsutil fsinfo drives" but cannot change the directory to the SSD to run DiskPart to format the drive. I also can't run "dir list" on the SSD drive either.

I also can't launch Startup Repair after connecting the SSD as it just hangs.

As a last resort, I connected the SSD to my primary PC, enabling SATA hot-plugging and connecting it after booting to Windows on this PC - to try and browse to the drive in either Explorer or CMD to view the files on the drive, potentially salvaging any files required and then formatting the drive. However, after connecting the SSD it slows my primary system to a halt - I don't know if this is because the SSD was a boot device and this clashes with my C:\ drive on my primary system.

Any other suggestions to potentially save the SSD or at least view the files/folders on it to confirm there is nothing important that I need from it? Does it sound like the SSD is corrupt?

Thanks,

Ben

:)

Ben Stratford, Jan 30, 2021
  2. larry Win User

Automatic Repair Loop Continued Woes

The automatic repair loop might be caused by the following issues:
    • filesystem corruption
    • corrupt MBR or BCD
    • improper registry settings
    This article covers all the possible reasons and solutions:
    Fix Automatic Startup Repair Loop in Windows 10, 8 and 7 | Password Recovery

I hope this helps!

larry, Jan 30, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Windows unable to boot - Automatic Repair loop - SSD corrupt?

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows unable to boot - Automatic Repair loop - SSD corrupt?

1. Windows unable to boot - Automatic Repair loop - SSD corrupt? - Similar Threads - unable boot Automatic

2. Automatic Repair Loop Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop Corrupted Files: I’ve had problems with my cursor for a while and tried to do System Restore. After restoring my computer and shutting it down again though, it went on Automatic Repair Loop.I’ve tried all options in the Advanced options section + See more recovery options, and none of them...
  3. Automatic Repair Loop Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop Corrupted Files: I’ve had problems with my cursor for a while and tried to do System Restore. After restoring my computer and shutting it down again though, it went on Automatic Repair Loop.I’ve tried all options in the Advanced options section + See more recovery options, and none of them...
  4. Preparing automatic repair loop and unable to boot from USB

Preparing automatic repair loop and unable to boot from USB: Hi. I have some problem with one game, and my PC freezes, often with a terrible noise, when I play it at a random moment, and I have to hard reset my PC. Yesterday I could not start my computer after such a reset, and I hung up on “preparing automatic repair loop”. I...
  5. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  6. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  7. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop

Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop: i turned on my PC and it has the boot startup and the circle just keeps spinning so I kept restarting my pc then automatic repair showed up and did the same thing ive tried F8 but that doesn't work...
  9. Automatic Repair Boot Loop.

Automatic Repair Boot Loop.: I really don't want to reset my laptop fully and i will only do such a thing as a last resort, anyways this issue has been with me for a few months now and I really want to fix my laptop once and (maybe not) for all, so please i need a lot of help till this is fixed, i...
  10. Automatic Boot repair loop

Automatic Boot repair loop: My laptop lenovo 315 ideapad is hung up in an Automatic Repair loop showing message for logFiles inside srtTrail.txt, possibly the reason is that I pressed the power button twice when booting. I have attempted all the solution options in below mentioned links - 1....