Windows 10: Windows unable to change/remove pin

Discus and support Windows unable to change/remove pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using pin to log in to my PC for a year now. Today I tried to change/remove it so I searched the internet on how to do that but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ashwinginoria, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Windows unable to change/remove pin

Hi, I've been using pin to log in to my PC for a year now.

Today I tried to change/remove it so I searched the internet on how to do that but everywhere it says

settings > accounts > sign-in options >pin > change, remove.

But at the above specified location it says that windows Hello Pin - this option is currently unavailable-click to learn more.

How can I solve this ??

I want to remove my pin so as to only be able to log on to my pc using my microsoft account password.

:)

ashwinginoria, Mar 2, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 2, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Windows unable to change/remove pin

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows unable to change/remove pin

1. Windows unable to change/remove pin - Similar Threads - unable change remove

2. Unable to change PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change PIN: So I have been using PIN to login into my computer for around 1 year. I wanted to change it due to security reasons. When I go into settings in account it shows 'This option is currently unavailable'. I don't know how is that even possible, I'm using PIN and it shows option...
  3. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN: I am currently facing an issue where I am locked out of adding new accounts into the Microsoft store because of Hello pin. I can't change the hello pin because the Windows account is made with a dead mail.ru email made by my father that he has forgotten the password to. I am...
  4. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN: I am currently facing an issue where I am locked out of adding new accounts into the Microsoft store because of Hello pin. I can't change the hello pin because the Windows account is made with a dead mail.ru email made by my father that he has forgotten the password to. I am...
  5. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change pin: I know my pin and I'm the one who created my account and never been with organization or for work. My computer is solely a personal computer but I'm getting this message when I'm about to change my pin....
  7. Unable to change pin

Unable to change pin: I know my pin and I'm the one who created my account and never been with organization or for work. My computer is solely a personal computer but I'm getting this message when I'm about to change my pin....
  8. Unable to change windows pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to change windows pin: Hello, I have problem with changing my windows pin that i log in with on my computer. Everything started from when i started my pc then i put my pin in and it said that my organisation requires me to change my pin and that it must be at least 6 digits long which is the...
  9. Unable to change windows pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change windows pin: Hello, I have problem with changing my windows pin that i log in with on my computer. Everything started from when i started my pc then i put my pin in and it said that my organisation requires me to change my pin and that it must be at least 6 digits long which is the...
  10. Unable to change windows pin