Windows 10: Windows unable to detect my Microphone

Discus and support Windows unable to detect my Microphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do? This is a Windows 10 PC. I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kyra_schmidt10, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Windows unable to detect my Microphone

The microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do? This is a Windows 10 PC. I cant participate on my online class if I dont have Microphone.

:)

kyra_schmidt10, Nov 24, 2022

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows unable to detect my Microphone

Unable to use Microphone on the computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microphone on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to use Microphone on your computer earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the Microphone that you are using?

Ideally, if we add a new Microphone to the computer, we will need to go through the setup process to use it, let me help you with the steps. I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 and setup
    the Microphone. Once the Microphone is setup, you can start using it.

If you still face issues, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows unable to detect my Microphone

1. Windows unable to detect my Microphone - Similar Threads - unable detect Microphone

2. Windows unable to detect my Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows unable to detect my Microphone: The microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do? This is a Windows 10 PC. I cant participate on my online class if I dont have Microphone....
  3. Windows unable to detect my Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows unable to detect my Microphone: The microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do? This is a Windows 10 PC. I cant participate on my online class if I dont have Microphone....
  4. Windows 11 not detecting my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting my microphone: Windows 11 not detecting my microphone, I tried just about everything in setting. I went through a new update 10/10/2022 Now, even the microphone function key F4 key does nothing. WhatsApp has no microphone input. So is Skype and any other voice input....
  5. Windows 11 not detecting my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not detecting my microphone: Windows 11 not detecting my microphone, I tried just about everything in setting. I went through a new update 10/10/2022 Now, even the microphone function key F4 key does nothing. WhatsApp has no microphone input. So is Skype and any other voice input....
  6. My headset microphone is not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset microphone is not detected.: My headset microphone is not detected.Yesterday I ordered a hyperx cloud stinger headset my first ever expensive gaming headphone and the microphone wasn't detected for a reason. So how it all happened that my headset mics wont work on my laptop is because once when I all...
  7. OnVue not detecting my microphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnVue not detecting my microphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Hello all, I have a MS-100 Exam on Monday and just did a hardware test through OnVue. But onvue does not know my microphone. but my microphone works fine. I recorded a video to check it. it works as always. I have an external micro also connected and tested but...
  8. Windows not detecting microphone

Windows not detecting microphone: Yesterday I noticed that Windows does not detect the built-in microphone of my 2in1 tablet, even though it had been working properly before that. I tried to connect mobile-phone earphones with small built-in microphone and this was not detected either....
  9. Windows is not detecting my microphone

Windows is not detecting my microphone: So, I just purchased a mic. For a few days it was working fine. Until one day, it stopped working as windows was not detecting any microphone. I tried changing some setting like access to microphone etc. but nothing worked. I even tried to uninstall the audio drivers and...
  10. My Headset microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Headset microphone is not detected: So, today suddenly I got this problem while talking to my friend and I discovered that I was using laptop's mic, and not the headset one. When I tried to switch it, i couldn't see in Sounds > Recording neither device manager, but the weird part is that i can see in Sounds >...