Windows 10: windows unable to format disk

Discus and support windows unable to format disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; device manager says the device is working properly and the drivers are up to date but ive tried 4 sd cards and the reader says its unable to format the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blindmelonchitlin, Feb 27, 2021.

1. windows unable to format disk

device manager says the device is working properly and the drivers are up to date but ive tried 4 sd cards and the reader says its unable to format the disk no matter what way i try. ive tried youtube tutorials on using diskpart and nothing works.

:)

blindmelonchitlin, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 27, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Memory card unable to format

Hello,

The error that you are getting might be caused by disk write protection. We suggest following the steps below to help with your concern:

• Type This PC in Cortana search box then press
      Enter.
    • On the pop-up window, right click on This PC.
    • Click on Manage.
    • Choose Disk Management on the left pane to open Windows Disk Management.
    • Select the Micro SD card, USB or flash drive that you need to format.
    • Right click and click Format.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Feb 27, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

windows unable to format disk

Windows format disk message

Hello Marcos,

There may be several reasons why you are being prompted to have your pen drive formatted every time you plug it in to your PC. This prompt, however, may not be disabled. To isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes on your PC prior to this happening?
    • Was your pen drive improperly pulled out from the USB port?
    • Have you tried plugging your pen drive to a different USB port or a different computer?

In the meantime we suggest you to check if your pen drive appears under
    Disk Management
    without any error. To check, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Check and see if your pen drive shows on the list.

We will be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

windows unable to format disk

1. windows unable to format disk - Similar Threads - unable format disk

2. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  3. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  4. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explanation of disk format?

Explanation of disk format?: I have a PC which was previously WIn 7, upgraded to Win 10 (currently Windows 10.0.18362), it is my stepson's, so no idea of who set it up and how. (it's Disk 1 because I recently duplicated his old spinning metal drive to an SSD) [img] [img] As you can see from the...
  6. disk format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk format: disk default format on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-format/e7bc66a4-5d63-4dc7-b550-44aee6cb79fe
  7. disk format protection

disk format protection: i had a game disk and i have a windows 64 bit version pc and i was trying to format it so i could put windows xp up their on the disk and it said it was protected !?!?!?!? HELP...
  8. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  9. Unable to format unallocated disk space

Unable to format unallocated disk space: I swapped out my hard drive to an SSD and cloned the drive. The initial drive was 500Gb and the new SSD has 1Tb capacity.Everything went well, however I cannot format 500Gb of un allocated space. I receive the following error message. How can I format unallocated space and...
  10. Formatting a Disk

Formatting a Disk: I have installed a new 1 TB Hard Drive in my Dell Vostro 230 Desktop computer. I went to format it for first use but I wouldn't format because it is listed as a "System Disk" I cannot save anything to it, I tried to format it using DISKPART in the command prompt as an...