Windows 10: Windows unable to import photos via USB

Discus and support Windows unable to import photos via USB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to import photos from my Galaxy S8+ using USB. I have 4708 photos to import, as the phone is dying, and we don't think it's worth repairing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by XXXTentacion Fanboii, May 27, 2024.

1. Windows unable to import photos via USB

I am trying to import photos from my Galaxy S8+ using USB. I have 4708 photos to import, as the phone is dying, and we don't think it's worth repairing because of its age, and how many times we have done it. With the Photos app, strangely it is showing "failed to import 4708 out of 4708 photos and videos." I repeatedly tried but then it's not working. I'm on a Lenovo E480 ThinkPad with 16GB of RAM, a Core i7-8550U and 512 GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD.

:)

XXXTentacion Fanboii, May 27, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, May 27, 2024
  3. importing photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are unable to import pictures from your iPhone to the PC using Photos app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)?
    • Which app/program are you using to import the photos?
    • Did you try different USB cable to connect the iPhone?
    • Does it happens on all the USB port on the PC?
    • Were you able to import photos before using Photos app on the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps if you are using
    Photos app to import the pictures and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 27, 2024
  4. Windows unable to import photos via USB

After Windows 10 upgrade I am unable to import photos from my camera

Hello,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to import photos from camera, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Please let us know if you are importing into your computer or on to the Photo App.

I suggest you to work around the problem by importing your photos and videos using an USB card reader and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to refer to the below article about: Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD
    and check
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Windows unable to import photos via USB

1. Windows unable to import photos via USB - Similar Threads - unable import photos

2. Windows unable to import photos via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows unable to import photos via USB: I am trying to import photos from my Galaxy S8+ using USB. I have 4708 photos to import, as the phone is dying, and we don't think it's worth repairing because of its age, and how many times we have done it. With the Photos app, strangely it is showing "failed to import 4708...
  3. unable to import photos into Photos app Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to import photos into Photos app Windows 11: HI,I submitted this on the feedback hub as a possible bug, but I'm hoping someone might have an answer here on the forum.I want to compare two photos side by side, which seems to be a feature of Photos in Windows 11. I have two jpegs in a folder. If I navigate to the folder...
  4. unable to import photos into Photos app Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to import photos into Photos app Windows 11: HI,I submitted this on the feedback hub as a possible bug, but I'm hoping someone might have an answer here on the forum.I want to compare two photos side by side, which seems to be a feature of Photos in Windows 11. I have two jpegs in a folder. If I navigate to the folder...
  5. Unable to locate imported photos

Unable to locate imported photos: Wondered if anyone could help with an issue i have with importing photos from an iPhone into Windows 10? I've gone through the process of importing the photos and selected a designated folder for them to go to but even after it says they have imported there is no sign of...
  6. windows 10 photos won't import photos from USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 photos won't import photos from USB: I get this error popup every time I try to import photos. I had no problem until two weeks ago. Now it happens all the time. Any suggestions? [ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to install windows via usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install windows via usb: Hello and thank you for your time. All parts are brand new, factory stock. I bought/assembled my first pc. Asus x570+ Ryzen3 3200g 2 gskill 8192mb 2133mhz Firecuda, and m.2 Im attempting to install Windows 10 Pro via usb 3.0 on the motherboard, have tried other slots....
  8. Importing photos with usb cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photos with usb cable: I am trying to import photos with my Canon camera connected with the usb cable. I go to Photos, connect camera correctly, computer recognizes the device and appears to be looking for photos to import. Then I get a message that "no new photos" are found. This is incorrect as...
  9. Importing photos - suddenly unable to change import destination

Importing photos - suddenly unable to change import destination: I have been importing photos for many years without issue. However, recently, the import destination defaults to: C:\Users\me\OneDrive\Pictures. I don't have OneDrive operational on my laptop so, obviously, don't want that destination. I try to amend the destination to my...
  10. Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app

Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app: I was wondering if any one else has had trouble trying to import pictures from their iPhone to PC. I have been trying to transfer pictures from my iPhone 7 to my PC (Win.10) via the Photos app but it has not been working. It will find my phone and photos the first I plug it...