Windows 10: Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809

Discus and support Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I work in IT at a small town bank and I have been experiencing a strange issue lately. We delay new updates for a period of time when they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimmy6300, Apr 4, 2019.

1. jimmy6300 Win User

Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809

Hello all, I work in IT at a small town bank and I have been experiencing a strange issue lately. We delay new updates for a period of time when they come out and make sure they will work before deploying them, so we are updating to 1809 now. The issue I am having is so far two of my computers that I updated, the install seemed to work fine, but when I login the computer is slow, applications don't launch anymore, and I have at least 700 instances of Windows error reporting running in the background, I restored both back to 1803 but I am stumped as to why this is happening. I have been doing some research but I have not found anything yet, the only thing similar between these computers is that they are both Dell, but they are not even the same model. Anyone else run into this issue and have any advice or anything for me?

:)

jimmy6300, Apr 4, 2019

2. Recent updates defeating application launch

Hi Hunt,

To address your concern, you may check if the application is compatible with Windows 10. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type the program name in the Search box.

• Right-click the program name, then click Properties.

• Click Compatibility tab > Run Compatibility Troubleshooter.
    You may also check Rakesh Narayanaswamy's post on this

thread.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP

To clarify:

RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch.

User IS able to launch applications when signed into destination device directly.

Other users are not encountering issues opening applications when connected via RDP on the same devices.

Issue seems to occur only on this users specific profile.

Any suggestions?

Magan Zanella, Apr 4, 2019
  4. AriKing Win User

Unable to Launch Applications from Windows 10 Search

Recently the start menu on stopped working altogether. The only "solution" to this problem was to create a new account. In the new account, I am
    unable to launch applications via the Windows search bar. The search bar
    does find the application and display it in the search results list, but neither pressing the enter key or left clicking on the application cause the application to launch.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.

AriKing, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809 - Similar Threads - Unable Launch Applications

2. Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.: Hi everyone,I use WSL2 on a daily basis, where Ubuntu is my preferred flavour. As of a couple of days, I am unable to launch the application from the Windows Search results. I believe it has something to do with a name change after an update, i.e. "Ubuntu" is now "Ubuntu on...
  3. Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.

in Cortana
    Windows Search bug. After application update unable to launch app from search results.: Hi everyone,I use WSL2 on a daily basis, where Ubuntu is my preferred flavour. As of a couple of days, I am unable to launch the application from the Windows Search results. I believe it has something to do with a name change after an update, i.e. "Ubuntu" is now "Ubuntu on...
  4. Unable to launch certain applications following update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to launch certain applications following update.: Hi, Recently bought a new PC July 2020 and been having some issues related to Windows recently. When I try to start applications, specifically Spotify and Discord, I receive an error that states there was a "bad image" with error code 0xc0000025. This is related to...
  5. Unable to launch application on secondary disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to launch application on secondary disk: Hi ! I've been looking for a while now to find the origin of a problem I had with games installed on my second drive they closed at launch. After contacting customer service and posting several messages on the forum, I still haven't resolved my problem. So I can't launch...
  6. Unable to launch Lotus 123 after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to launch Lotus 123 after Windows Updates: Prior to the two latest Windows 10 updates, 6/21 and 6/25 my Lotus 123 loaded and ran perfectly. Now I cannot even bring any Lotus app up. Help!! ***Modified title from: Lotus 123 will not load as a consequence of one of the latest Windows 10 updates.Lotus 123 will not...
  7. Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809: Hello all, I work in IT at a small town bank and I have been experiencing a strange issue lately. We delay new updates for a period of time when they come out and make sure they will work before deploying them, so we are updating to 1809 now. The issue I am having is so far...
  8. Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809: Hello, yesterday I updated my Windows 10 to version 1809 using the upgrade tool thingy from the microsoft website. Everything went fine, everything works fine (I thought) and deleted the old windows restore point thing because I like my free storage. So after using...
  9. Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809: Hello, yesterday I updated my Windows 10 to version 1809 using the upgrade tool thingy from the microsoft website. Everything went fine, everything works fine (I thought) and deleted the old windows restore point thing because I like my free storage. So after using...
  10. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Unable to launch applications in RDP session: Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP To clarify: RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch. User IS able to launch applications when signed into...