Windows 10: Windows unresponsive to mouse pad or keyboard, keeps getting stuck on please wait.

Discus and support Windows unresponsive to mouse pad or keyboard, keeps getting stuck on please wait. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've a Lenovo IdeaPad y700. Windows 10. A couple of months ago around a big update my laptop got stuck on "updating don't turn off your computer" for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AtharMazareb, May 15, 2022.

1. Windows unresponsive to mouse pad or keyboard, keeps getting stuck on please wait.

I've a Lenovo IdeaPad y700. Windows 10. A couple of months ago around a big update my laptop got stuck on "updating don't turn off your computer" for days. I did a hard shutdown went into repair mode and uninstalled the latest update and it worked fine after that. Recently there's been another update, i had no trouble right after it. Now however, my laptop will either be stuck on "updating don't turn off your computer", "please wait", or will turn on as far as the log in screen but won't respond to any gestures. The mouse is moving but won't click, the keyboard works but it won't respond. I tr

:)

AtharMazareb, May 15, 2022
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, May 15, 2022
  3. keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2022
  4. Windows unresponsive to mouse pad or keyboard, keeps getting stuck on please wait.

Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows unresponsive to mouse pad or keyboard, keeps getting stuck on please wait.

1. Windows unresponsive to mouse pad or keyboard, keeps getting stuck on please wait. - Similar Threads - unresponsive mouse pad

2. RDP Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Stuck at please wait: I have a windows 10 pc, and I am using Cisco Anyconnect VPN, and connecting to my desktop at work. I keep getting the “please wait” screen on my laptop. It never goes away. I can’t be driving 30 miles just to go reboot my PC in the office which defeats the purpose. Is there a...
  3. RDP Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Stuck at please wait: I have a windows 10 pc, and I am using Cisco Anyconnect VPN, and connecting to my desktop at work. I keep getting the “please wait” screen on my laptop. It never goes away. I can’t be driving 30 miles just to go reboot my PC in the office which defeats the purpose. Is there a...
  4. System gets stuck on "Please Wait Screen"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System gets stuck on "Please Wait Screen": Dear Community, We are having weird issue with some of our computers/laptops. When rebooting system, it gets stuck on "please wait" screen. Sometimes the same behaviour happens when turning on the systems. It takes more than 15 minutes staying stuck on this screen. I...
  5. System gets stuck on "Please Wait Screen"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System gets stuck on "Please Wait Screen": Dear Community, We are having weird issue with some of our computers/laptops. When rebooting system, it gets stuck on "please wait" screen. Sometimes the same behaviour happens when turning on the systems. It takes more than 15 minutes staying stuck on this screen. I...
  6. System gets stuck on "Please Wait Screen"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at please wait: Ive looked into other options, Idk how to do it they require a domain which I do not have since I factory reset my pc, I got this when ever I booted it up in troubleshoot because I turned it on a few times in a row and was being dumb, Anyway I selected restart instead of...
  8. Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive: I turned my off Sunday night because I received a message from Microsoft saying there was and update. Since then my mouse and keyboard do not work. I have tried other mice and keyboards, same thing. Once the blue screen with the 4 windows opens I loose control of my keyboard...
  9. Mouse and keyboard unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse and keyboard unresponsive: Hi, please I did a system recovery on my desktop PC, windows 10 and my mouse and keyboard not responding anymore. I don't even get to see the mouse pointer so I can say its frozen. I want to know if it's got anything to do with the OS. I need help?...
  10. Windows stuck on please wait

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on please wait: Hello folks! I need help. Coming to point, I was facing some error related to dll (aom 0x00007b error) launching Age of Mythology. I came to know it can be fixed by copying 5 dll files to system32 folder. These files are associated with visual C++ redist. mfc100.dll,...