Windows 10: Windows unstable: restore options

Discus and support Windows unstable: restore options in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good morning,Quick summary of my issues: about a month ago, I noticed my W10 system was getting quirky. nothing would refresh, some apps would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jim C 13, May 14, 2022.

1. Jim C 13 Win User

Windows unstable: restore options

Good morning,Quick summary of my issues: about a month ago, I noticed my W10 system was getting quirky. nothing would refresh, some apps would not start, etc. The most obvious of these was that my system would not power off on shutdown. I found a couple of threads on this community forums, and tried a couple suggested solutions, and that seems to make the issue worse. yesterday I did a virus scan, and once it started the monitor went blank except for the virus software. It never came back. It is not functional right now: as soon as I try to do something on it the system locks and the scr

:)

Jim C 13, May 14, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 14, 2022
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, May 14, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows unstable: restore options [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows unstable: restore options - Similar Threads - unstable restore options

2. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  3. Windows unstable: restore options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows unstable: restore options: Good morning,Quick summary of my issues: about a month ago, I noticed my W10 system was getting quirky. nothing would refresh, some apps would not start, etc. The most obvious of these was that my system would not power off on shutdown. I found a couple of threads on this...
  4. Windows unstable: restore options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows unstable: restore options: Good morning,Quick summary of my issues: about a month ago, I noticed my W10 system was getting quirky. nothing would refresh, some apps would not start, etc. The most obvious of these was that my system would not power off on shutdown. I found a couple of threads on this...
  5. system restore option-

system restore option-: Hello, I have done system restore from current image several times & while it seems to be running better now, it's definetly not at optimal use. Every time you restore to a previous state via system restore, trace amounts of previous updates are still deep in the system...
  6. Windows is unstable. Like really unstable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is unstable. Like really unstable.: Hello. I have Windblows 10 and oh man, this is really unstable. I installed it 2-3 weeks ago. It worked as expected. Then, on the last friday September 18 it gave me the first BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. After that, it started giving me Blue screens often. I had like 3-4 BSODs...
  7. restore CD options

restore CD options: I bought my PC from a Microsoft refurbisher, I was told i should have received a restore CD, because refurbishers are authorized by Microsoft? how do I get one?I have Windows 10 but if I did a full restore to factory settings like i wanna do it says Windows 7...meaning if I...
  8. Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens...: Hi Again, the game, or crapvidia drivers crashed, and a WER error report error message appeared, that it couldn't send the error report, so the error at the error... But this is irrelevant. Which is relevant, that a fullscreen application can make windows 10 GUI stuck, just...
  9. Restore options broken ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore options broken ?: When we upgraded Win 7 to Win 8, the restore/repair options, not restore points, were broken. Anyone know if the update to Win 10 carried over the problem. Just curious because I image my drives. 17903
  10. Backup and Restore utility become unstable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore utility become unstable: Hello, got following issue as described in title without any reason. No major changes in OS been done since last fully functional back-up was run. And now Backup window gives me "no responding" title, but most importantly it gives me error code "0x80070578" (Invalid Window...