Windows 10: Windows unusably slow after fresh install and update

Discus and support Windows unusably slow after fresh install and update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a virus last night that disabled windows defender, so after a few hours of trying to fix it I eventually just did a fresh install of windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ajjohnson190, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Windows unusably slow after fresh install and update

I got a virus last night that disabled windows defender, so after a few hours of trying to fix it I eventually just did a fresh install of windows.

I booted from an old boot drive I had did a fresh install, everything was fine. I ran the updates since it was a 2 year old version of Windows 10, and after they are finished my computer is painfully slow. It can't load webpages or anything internet related despite being connected to the internet, the os just hangs sometimes, and it's just about impossible to really use the pc for anything.

Is it still possible the virus is on my drive and is causing this? I nuked my C: drive but I didn't touch my other 2 drives.

Should I just make a new media drive and boot with the current version of windows, since there was no such problems before the update?

:)

ajjohnson190, Dec 19, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 19, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows unusably slow after fresh install and update

AMD phenom 995BE 3.6GHZ running extremely slow

A lot of things can cause a slow startup, most common would be drivers. It will take a *long* time for us to go through all the options, so i'll just list the steps i do for a fresh windows install that is problem free, you can let us know if you missed any of it.

1. Format the drive - clean windows install from DVD
    2. install all drivers you can from windows update first, except video card. Make sure to install and update .Net, as modern video card drivers require that.
    3. install any missing drivers (check device manager), including video card manually, with downloads from their respective websites. never install from the motherboard DVD/website unless you have to.

Mussels, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows unusably slow after fresh install and update

1. Windows unusably slow after fresh install and update - Similar Threads - unusably slow fresh

2. OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed: Every time I try to open a file on my OneDrive account, I get the following popup error message. If I try to navigate through my OneDrive folders in Windows Explorer, the response time is between 20 and 30 seconds if it worksIf I uninstall iCloud for Windows, this issue goes...
  3. OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed: Every time I try to open a file on my OneDrive account, I get the following popup error message. If I try to navigate through my OneDrive folders in Windows Explorer, the response time is between 20 and 30 seconds if it worksIf I uninstall iCloud for Windows, this issue goes...
  4. OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  6. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  7. Background updates after fresh install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Background updates after fresh install?: A week or two ago I had to reinstall my Windows. Since then I am slowed down by frequent 99% CPU because System interrupts are hogging CPU time. My System interrupts have a 'Very high' Power usage. When I switch to another program I am staring at the screen while nothing...
  8. Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903: Hello. I've recently installed Windows 10 v1903 on my Laptop and I've been experiencing general slowness since then. I've tried everything I've found online: - Clean Boot; - Sfc /Scannow; - Disk defragmentation/Cleanup; - Device/Drivers Update; - Disable Fast Startup...
  9. Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows 10 very slow after fresh install.: So I just bought a Geforce 2080 and realized I needed to update my Windows 10 pro to the latest build in order for it to work. I decided instead I would just do a clean install, do all the updates and hopefully all would be good. After the last updates, I got my wish and it...
  10. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?: Hello I have the same issue as this guy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/laptop-running-extremely-slow-after-fresh-install/88592f20-dd35-4337-81bc-26c2e560b887 Can you give me a clue? btw. I don't have a battery since it is...