Windows 10: windows update 10/12/2020 knocked out second monitor.

Discus and support windows update 10/12/2020 knocked out second monitor. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have reinstalled graphics card, uninstalled the windows update, restarted multiple times, switched off and on both monitor and pc, tested the hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kybab, Dec 10, 2020.

1. kybab Win User

windows update 10/12/2020 knocked out second monitor.

I have reinstalled graphics card, uninstalled the windows update, restarted multiple times, switched off and on both monitor and pc, tested the hdmi cable, nothing works. How can I get my monitor back?

:)

kybab, Dec 10, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Dec 10, 2020
  4. windows update 10/12/2020 knocked out second monitor.

Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience caused to you with accessing the second monitor, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers.

As you have already tried to update the drivers and issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for second monitor and re0install them from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, contact the manufacturer's website and try to install those drivers for your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

windows update 10/12/2020 knocked out second monitor.

1. windows update 10/12/2020 knocked out second monitor. - Similar Threads - update 2020 knocked

2. March 2021 Windows 10 update knocked out peripheral support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    March 2021 Windows 10 update knocked out peripheral support: This last March 2021 Windows 10 update knocked out support for my peripherals. I have no monitor, no mouse, and no keyboard. The PC seemingly boots up and seems to be powered, but I didn't hear the beep after which one usually tries to go into the BIOS. Not that it matters...
  3. windows 10 knocked out my audio drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 knocked out my audio drivers: no sound on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-knocked-out-my-audio-drivers/711bcbb1-c925-44f8-80cc-4cbbdcc9fd85
  4. Second monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor "out of range": Hello, I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop but when I plug the VGA cable my screen black and the second monitor displays "out of range". I'm using a VGA to HDMI conversion cable. The monitor says "no signal" when the cable isn't connected. I've already...
  5. Why did the update knock out my speakers?

Why did the update knock out my speakers?: I don't know why Microsoft employees can't roll out an update without messing up some part of my computer. I postpone updates for as long as I can because I know you guys will botch it and cause me hours of work. Now your update knocked out my speakers even though my...
  6. Problem with Windows 10 Update on 6/12/2020

Problem with Windows 10 Update on 6/12/2020: Starting on June 12th after my laptop Inspiron 15 5000 auto-installed an update, my built-in microphone stopped working properly. The microphone didn't stop picking up sound completely, but wouldn't pick up my voice above a certain level, such that all of my friends on...
  7. Second monitor 'out of range'

Second monitor 'out of range': Hello, I have recently bought a second monitor for my homeoffice to use in a dual monitor set-up. When I connect the second monitor, it is recognised by Windows and set with the right frequency and resolution but the display says, 'out of range'. More information: The...
  8. windows 10 knocked out multiple monitors

windows 10 knocked out multiple monitors: upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro today. Lost multiple monitors, plus i keep getting a message that nvidia control panel can not be found. I keep getting a message that says that windows can't connect to the graphics driver and has re-verted back to the windows built in...
  9. W10 update knocks out epson printer

W10 update knocks out epson printer: I have just installed the latest W10 update (version 1803) and can no longer print. I have an Epson EPL-6100 laser which is now 15 years old or so but this morning it was still working OK; now it is not. The Bonjour wizard does not help and Windows does not even detect it....
  10. Windows update knocks out internet connections

in Windows 10 News
    Windows update knocks out internet connections: [img] Windows update knocks out internet connections - BBC News 72365