Windows 10: windows update 11/16/18, now nothing works

Discus and support windows update 11/16/18, now nothing works in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the update the system powers on and brings me to the sign on screen which has my name. I sign on and the screen is black and no desktop only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CC69, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CC69 Win User

windows update 11/16/18, now nothing works

After the update the system powers on and brings me to the sign on screen which has my name. I sign on and the screen is black and no desktop only the recycle bin. The menu is on the bottom but none of the keys work. It has the correct date and time.

How do I get out of this mess?

:)

2. NormE3 Win User

Windows 10 Updating still does not work as of 10/22/16

KB3200970 is listed in Installed Updates and dated 11/8/16.
    It is also listed in Update History with two lines:

• KB3200970 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player “Successfully on 11/9/16”, and
    • Cumulative Update KB3200970 “Requires a restart to finish installing”
    These are as of 6pm CST on 11/9/16.

NormE3, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Updating still does not work as of 10/22/16

I don't understand. On 09 Nov-16, you told me, "KB3200970 is listed in
    Installed Updates
    and dated 11/8/16."

Now you tell me (I think) that "KB3200970 [is listed in Update History as being installed on] 11/8/16 and 11/9/16 [but] it isn’t [listed] in Installed Updates [now]." Is my interpretation correct or...?

COMMENT: If you're still running Windows 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.51, KB3200970 has not successfully installed/is not installed - no matter what Update History and/or Installed Updates has to say about it.

PS: Methinks the problem's on your end, not Microsoft's end.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. windows update 11/16/18, now nothing works - Similar Threads - update nothing works

2. BSOD with WHEA Event 16 & 18 !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with WHEA Event 16 & 18 !!: I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR aswell as these in the Event Viewer. Event 46 happens everytime I BSOD, but Event 18 only happened once!Event 46, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Component: MemoryError Source: Machine Check ExceptionThe details view of...
  3. BSOD with WHEA Event 16 & 18 !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with WHEA Event 16 & 18 !!: I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR aswell as these in the Event Viewer. Event 46 happens everytime I BSOD, but Event 18 only happened once!Event 46, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Component: MemoryError Source: Machine Check ExceptionThe details view of...
  4. windows update from 10 to 11 and now nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update from 10 to 11 and now nothing works: my new laptop tried to update to windows 11 and now i can't access any files or windows apps etc. i can go online via chrome but can't do anything else. I have tried uninstalling updates as well as pc recovery but neither fixed the problem. I get a message to sign out of...
  5. windows update from 10 to 11 and now nothing works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update from 10 to 11 and now nothing works: my new laptop tried to update to windows 11 and now i can't access any files or windows apps etc. i can go online via chrome but can't do anything else. I have tried uninstalling updates as well as pc recovery but neither fixed the problem. I get a message to sign out of...
  6. windows update from 10 to 11 and now nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Update 2.8.2019 now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 2.8.2019 now nothing seems to work: It seems that since a windows update on the 2nd August 019 nothing seems to work properly. I can't even get the screen to activate printing. The software I use for invoicing freezes up which I try to print. Microsoft word freeze. Everything was working fine - should I restore...
  8. Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18: The START menu is not showing up at all. Nothing happens when you hit the WINDOWS START button either with the mouse on the screen or the keyboard WINDOWS button. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE. 1. Everything is up to date. Windows is fully updated. 2. I checked the tablet...
  9. Finished Windows 10 updates, now nothing works

in Windows 10 Support
    Finished Windows 10 updates, now nothing works: Did windows 10 updates on my Lenovo idea pad laptop this morning and now have myriad of problems. Look everywhere for solutions, tried multiple restarts, nothing works. 1. Cannot connect to internet. Can't even access network or connection screens through control panel or...
  10. 4/18/16 Partially down

in Windows 10 Support
    4/18/16 Partially down: Running newly installed Windows 10. System was partially down with Chrome and File Explorer not working. Could not access exterior drive from File Explorer. Ran Malwarebytes and Anti Virus. No problem. Could access Firefox and Internet Explorer. Saw one Error message *Windows...