Windows 10: Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver

Discus and support Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My screensaver disappeared with the latest update. Where did you send it and why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LettyMallard, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver

My screensaver disappeared with the latest update. Where did you send it and why?

:)

LettyMallard, Dec 14, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver :)

terrace, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Screensaver Issues After the Latest Update

Hello,

Outdated drivers can be a possible reason why you cannot exit your screensaver when you press the space bar. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Do you receive any error messages when you are trying to exit the screensaver?
    • Have you tried updating your graphic's card driver?

In the meantime, we suggest setting your screensaver to use images from the Photo app
    instead of the Windows Live Photo Gallery and see if the issue still persist. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button and type Settings
      on the search box. Click on the first option.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Lock screen.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 14, 2020
  4. wptski Win User

Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver

Kb3025096 12/14/14

What to add?? It supposed to allow the install of KB3020114 from an earlier time which I don't have either but your list shows that you do, so why did you need it??

wptski, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver

1. Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver - Similar Threads - Update lost screensaver

2. 12/14/2022 Update bricked my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    12/14/2022 Update bricked my computer.: The most recent update ran without my initiation two days ago and my computer Lenovo Y700 simply will not boot up. I cannot tell you how many times I have disabled auto updates. I'd been caught in the automatic repair loop for about 24 hours on and off. Finally I opened a...
  3. 12/14/2022 Update bricked my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12/14/2022 Update bricked my computer.: The most recent update ran without my initiation two days ago and my computer Lenovo Y700 simply will not boot up. I cannot tell you how many times I have disabled auto updates. I'd been caught in the automatic repair loop for about 24 hours on and off. Finally I opened a...
  4. 12/14/2022 Update bricked my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20: My slideshow screensaver has failed to start for some while now, and recently by using the powercfg command i revealed the culprit?, which it showed to be clmediaserver.exe, which comes with Powerdvd, and I have emailed Cyberlink. However when i entered the override command...
  6. Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20: My slideshow screensaver has failed to start for some while now, and recently by using the powercfg command i revealed the culprit?, which it showed to be clmediaserver.exe, which comes with Powerdvd, and I have emailed Cyberlink. However when i entered the override command...
  7. Latest security update for windows10 dated 14/12/20 - KB4586786

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest security update for windows10 dated 14/12/20 - KB4586786: CAN MICROSOFT OR SOMEONE PLEASE HELP - EVER SINCE THE LATEST WINDOWS 10 SECURITY UPDATE INSTALLEDKB4586786, MY PRINTER HAS ISSUES - WHEN I GO TO PRINT AN EMAIL IT PRINTS OUT THE EMAIL IN ONE CORNER OF AN A4 PAGE SO SMALL THAT YOU CAN HARDLY READ IT - IT IS REDUCED TO ABOUT...
  8. Microsoft Update 11/12/20 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Update 11/12/20 issues: Once again I am having issues with the Word program. It is taking way too long to copy and paste again. Saving a text document is stained as well. Can someone tell me how to fix this again? Screen changing is lagging all the time! Thanks...
  9. Has Feature Update (14/3/20) slowed my system?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Has Feature Update (14/3/20) slowed my system?: Since the last Feature Update on 14th March my Win 10 (version 1909 (2) this computer has been sluggish in responding to any normal command. eg when I click on a link it takes some time to open. I have carefully scanned for any infections and the system is clean. Anyone...
  10. Kb3025096 12/14/14

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Kb3025096 12/14/14: Checked for updates, showed one(KB3025096), installed in a one second but doesn't show it as installed. Rebooted but get the same thing. A bit of search finds that this KB is supposed to allow the install of KB3020114. 3298