Windows 10: Windows Update (18 to 19) breaks internet

Discus and support Windows Update (18 to 19) breaks internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, you've probably heard all this before, but I can't accept the answer of "sit and wait". Essentially, I was running fine for months, then I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quin452, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Windows Update (18 to 19) breaks internet

So, you've probably heard all this before, but I can't accept the answer of "sit and wait".

Essentially, I was running fine for months, then I noticed some stupid error with Windows Update ("missing important security updates"), but Windows Update crashed whenever I went to it.
    So I manually downloaded the update from the site.

And I thought "great, that annoying error has gone". But wait... that update screwed up my audio drivers and worse, my internet connection!
    Doesn't matter which ethernet port I use, of what WiFi I connect to, I am literally scrapping bandwidth. Yet every other device (even some other Windows 10 computers) work fine.

Of course MS Tech Support was of no help, literally telling me to disable drivers, uninstall, check for updates (because I never would have thought to do that). They ultimately told me to "wait for the update in the next few days".
    It's been a week.

So any ideas from you peeps?
    I've tried net refreshes, mucking around with the settings, rollbacks, all sorts.

The only thing I've yet to try is refreshing Windows 10, and I'd rather not have to do that (again).

submitted by /u/Quin452
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quin452, Dec 17, 2019

2. Update August 18 - 19

TechGuy_82

I proceeded with the steps to remove the updates and all updates were removed, however, after 3 reboots functionality has still not returned. The only current update showing is the security update (KB4508433) installed August 18. All apps listed above are
    still not functioning. All my files, documents, photos, etc are gone. I am not tech savvy in any way, so not exactly sure why this happened, or how I can resolve it. I have paused updates until the 15th, but am uncertain what I can do at this point to restore
    my windows to it's previous state. I am running windows 1903, would that make a difference?

SusanBrennan84, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Windows Update (18 to 19) breaks internet

Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update (18 to 19) breaks internet

1. Windows Update (18 to 19) breaks internet - Similar Threads - Update breaks internet

2. Windows 11 22H2 Update breaks my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Update breaks my internet: After installing the update, every once in a while the internet cuts out, saying not connected, and not showing any other internet options, even though other devices work and can see them....
  3. Windows 11 22H2 Update breaks my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Update breaks my internet: After installing the update, every once in a while the internet cuts out, saying not connected, and not showing any other internet options, even though other devices work and can see them....
  4. 3/18-19 2020 Windows 10 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3/18-19 2020 Windows 10 Update Issues: Hello, My wife's computer is running Windows 10. Either 3/18 or 3/19/2020 an update was made. When the computer was started on 3/20 a screen was present saying an update had been made and that you had to log off of your account an log back in or anything you did would be...
  5. Windows 10 Update Breaks the Internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Breaks the Internet: Again, Microsoft has released a completely untested update which has caused chaos for Windows 10 users. When will Microsoft learn? This is beyond a few glitches. The update has proved that Windows 10 is turning into a disaster, and it is only a matter of time before people...
  6. Windows 10 Latest Update (19/08/2019)(18/08/2019)

Windows 10 Latest Update (19/08/2019)(18/08/2019): As of this point in time, i have just spent 2 hours installing new sound drivers, reverting whatever this update has done to my taskbar and personalized settings, and even internet settings. I've always felt pretty sketch about windows 10, and this update even more so. I...
  7. Update August 18 - 19

Update August 18 - 19: the download finished August 19 for Windows 10 has completed and now all my apps are non functional - Mail, Notepadx, Calendar, Todo and Microsoft News. I am being advised that I need to download a new app to refresh/update the existing and the microsoft store is also an app...
  8. August 18/19 windows update kb4512508

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    August 18/19 windows update kb4512508: I think this is the update - after said update was installed overnight and signing in to my PC a Pop up appears Not necessarily in any order are as follow; - Do more with your voice - Get tailored experiences with diagnostic data - Improve inking & typing - send...
  9. Internet Connection Breaking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Breaking: So when i go on my laptop (Asus X541U) it will connect me to the internet 10% of the time, otherwise it gives me the ethernet connection with the red x (my ethernet port is broken and i havnt used ethernet on my laptop in the past 3 months) Whhen the internet works, if my...
  10. Bsod affter 2/18/19 update

Bsod affter 2/18/19 update: I installed the most recent win 10 update, now I get the bsod with the issue of Memory Management, it notes that it will reboot but never does. I'm in safe mode now and no bsod. In normal mode i can briefly boot up but within minutes the bsod appears. I'd like to uninstall...