Windows 10: Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games

Discus and support Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; im playing Rainbow Six Sieges and alt tabbing it for a second. the game black screen, but i still hear the game running. and while launching PUBG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ryan Chandra, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games

im playing Rainbow Six Sieges and alt tabbing it for a second. the game black screen, but i still hear the game running.

and while launching PUBG Lite, the game black screen but when i hold alt tab (alt tab preview), i see the game is running.

please help. all the updates are installed, Intel gpu driver and nvidia driver are up to date.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 8250U

Nvidia Geforce mx130

8GB DDR4

1TB HDD

:)

Ryan Chandra, Jul 31, 2019

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    What is the "magic" of alt+tab?

What about using alt+enter to ensure you're full screen, or switch to window and back instead of alt-tabbing to desktop?

Can't recall a game I've played having any issues like what you're reporting...but I do recall using alt+enter to go full screen, still use that from time-to-time when a game launches incorrectly or launches with first run settings. I'm curious to see if only alt + tab works for you or if alt + enter works as well...

Kursah, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games

CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Are you able to log into Desktop?
    • Is the issue specific to Ctrl + Alt + Del screen?

Black screen error can occur if the computer is not up to date with all Drivers and Windows updates. Install all pending updates and check if that helps.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games

1. Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games - Similar Threads - Update 1803 Causes

2. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  3. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  4. Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch: After Alt Tabbing once, some games' gameplay region Goes Blacknot for some seconds, but permanently until i quit and restart the game, but the HUD is still visible, like the game isnt visible, i cant see whats happening in game, but still can see the Health Bar, Radar,...
  5. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when ALT+TAB: Hello, In the past I had a problem with my pc i guess. At first this didn't bother me that much, but when after a few weeks this started getting annoying. I got latest drivers and other latest updates on my pc. Its a laptop with- GTX 1660TI- i5-9300h- 16GB RAM 2667MHz-...
  6. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when ALT+TAB: Hello, In the past I had a problem with my pc i guess. At first this didn't bother me that much, but when after a few weeks this started getting annoying. I got latest drivers and other latest updates on my pc. Its a laptop with- GTX 1660TI- i5-9300h- 16GB RAM 2667MHz-...
  7. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Slow alt-tabbing while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow alt-tabbing while gaming: Hi, as the title says: while I'm playing games (for instance Rust or League of Legends), alt-tabbing goes very slowly. It takes about 2-3 seconds, which was never the case before. I have tried turning off focus assist, but it doesn't work anymore (I recall having had this...
  9. BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing

BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing: Hi guys, I'm playing Doom eternal at the moment, i haven't tried other games but i started getting bsod with the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I tried to read it with windbg but it says " the parameter is incorrect" When i alt tab the system is slowing down - freezing and...
  10. Black screen while launching a game

Black screen while launching a game: Hello I'm experiencing a problem while gaming. When i launch a game(tried it with more than one) i get a black screen. The computer Works just fine, but when i want to play games the screen goes Black. I have tried to reinstall the drivers, download all Windows updates and...