Windows 10: Windows Update 1809 cause a few of my games to crash to desktop

Discus and support Windows Update 1809 cause a few of my games to crash to desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Steam Game Skyrim, as well as a few of my, uplay from Ubisoft Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, For Honor and Watchdog failed to launch after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickC1, Oct 3, 2018.

1. PatrickC1 Win User

Windows Update 1809 cause a few of my games to crash to desktop

My Steam Game Skyrim, as well as a few of my, uplay from Ubisoft Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, For Honor and Watchdog failed to launch after I install the Windows 1809 Update. Unfortunately, I deleted my Windows.old via Disk Cleaner to save space thinking I would not have any issue because I never have an issue with the Windows Update before I guess I was wrong this time around. Now the games which I have mentioned no longer work because of the update. The bad part I can't rollback my Windows because I removed the old windows update.

:)

PatrickC1, Oct 3, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 3, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 3, 2018
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update 1809 cause a few of my games to crash to desktop - Similar Threads - Update 1809 cause

2. tsakbar.view.dll cause the desktop crashed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tsakbar.view.dll cause the desktop crashed!: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.25252.1010, time stamp: 0x62d96957Faulting module name: Taskbar.View.dll, version: 2022.32200.0.0, time stamp: 0x6376d1b5Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x0000000000316b93Faulting process id: 0x0x2BACFaulting...
  3. tsakbar.view.dll cause the desktop crashed!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tsakbar.view.dll cause the desktop crashed!: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.25252.1010, time stamp: 0x62d96957Faulting module name: Taskbar.View.dll, version: 2022.32200.0.0, time stamp: 0x6376d1b5Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x0000000000316b93Faulting process id: 0x0x2BACFaulting...
  4. desktop window manager causing crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop window manager causing crash: HiMy computer has been crashing lately. Going into reliability history I discovered the critical events were listed as the desktop windows manager, which stopped working at least five times crashing the computer and forcing me to turn it off and on again, losing my documents,...
  5. desktop window manager causing crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop window manager causing crash: HiMy computer has been crashing lately. Going into reliability history I discovered the critical events were listed as the desktop windows manager, which stopped working at least five times crashing the computer and forcing me to turn it off and on again, losing my documents,...
  6. desktop window manager causing crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What Are The Potential Causes For Games Crashing To Desktop?

What Are The Potential Causes For Games Crashing To Desktop?: Hello for the past few months I've been attempting to fix my game Warhammer from launching incorrectly, it only runs in smaller screen scale than it should along with it crashing periodically and I've tried almost every fix imaginable to solve this, including BIOS swapping...
  8. Crash to Desktop Windows 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash to Desktop Windows 1809: I even have posted this in the The Division 2 reddit forums but no replies so far *cry I have this problem CTD that is driving me insane, right until August 2nd I was playing The Division 2 on Windows 1809 perfectly well no crashes, no lags nothing and then I updated to...
  9. Chrome causing windows 1809 to crash consistently

Chrome causing windows 1809 to crash consistently: 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) I'll be using chrome just fine then i'll get a green screen of death PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA It seems to happen whenever i open chrome back up and i get the pop up that says chrome crashed, so i want to restore the previous...
  10. Recent update causes game to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update causes game to crash: After the last update I get a game crash in COD 2 BO. I get a message of unhanded exception caught. I get a freeze screen that can not be closed without rebooting the computer. This is the event. Faulting application name: t6sp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50c7e945...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootcamp games crash 1809

2. rainbow six siege random crash no error code

3. windows 1809 steam game crash

4. windows 1809 update crashes