Windows 10: Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt

Discus and support Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated my laptop to version 1809, in the past 2 hours and I am dual booting linux and windows 10. I am now unable to boot into linux for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DShandler, Dec 14, 2018.

1. DShandler Win User

Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt

I just updated my laptop to version 1809, in the past 2 hours and I am dual booting linux and windows 10. I am now unable to boot into linux for some reason and all it says in my update history is the picture below, there is no update version. What has happened to my partition and why has this update had an effect on another partition on another os?

Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt e837b2d0-00c3-4e7e-a760-90853c3f14dd?upload=true.png

:)

DShandler, Dec 14, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 14, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt

1. Windows Update 1809 dual boot now corrupt - Similar Threads - Update 1809 dual

2. Dual boot corrupts windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual boot corrupts windows: After i dual booted my computer with Windows 10 and Windows 7, every time I try to boot up to windows 10, it bluescreens and gives me the error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". When windows 7 was fresh, my windows 10 worked absolutely fine, but after i installed drivers for windows...
  3. pfn list corrupt BSOD and now not booting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pfn list corrupt BSOD and now not booting?: Hi Everyone! So I was just studying and randomly got a blue screen of death. The error i got was 'PFN_LISR_CORRUPT' and it was taking ages to collect data so I turned off my computer. When I tried to boot it again, the machine starts, all the lights are active and fan is on...
  4. Windows update rollback (with dual boot)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update rollback (with dual boot): Hello. When ever I restart windows to apply the updates they keep rolling back. I am not sure if its the dual boot with Linux or not but that problem started since I installed Ubuntu on same disk and Grub handles of the 2 OS. Here are some screenshots: [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows updates rollback (on dual boot)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates rollback (on dual boot): Hello there. I recently installed Ubuntu on a partition in which my ssd also runs windows10. Grub took care of booting the 2 OS and everything worked well until first windows updates came up. I can install them but on reboot the updates can't finish and they rollback. I have...
  6. Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup: Iv been trying to understand what has been causing Boot Failing and Corruption on both windows 10 OP systems. I have 2 windows 10 pros with different keys installed on different ssd drives. I have work pc and a games pc set up however on booting from one OP System to the...
  7. Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt

Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt: Hi I have a Windows 10 Dual Boot System. When I boot up, I get the options: Windows 10 on Volume 2 Windows 10 on Volume 4 These are separate physical disks. The former (volume 2) is the default and is booting fine (touch wood). But right now, the install on volume 4...
  8. Dual Boot issues (Win7/10) and data corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Boot issues (Win7/10) and data corruption: I have a major problem and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to resolve it. Here's my environment: - I have Win7 installed on Drive 0 on a single partition (SSD); except for 100MB "system reserved" partition - I have Win10 installed on Drive 1, which has 3...
  9. Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot

Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot: I learned this the hard way: if you dual boot 7/10, turn off hybrid (fast) startup: How to instruct Windows 8 NOT to perform a fast shutdown? - Super User Otherwise it will corrupt your hard disks if you boot into the seven installation after shutting down from ten, as...
  10. Windows 10 update corrupted dual boot options

Windows 10 update corrupted dual boot options: When I first installed the Win 10 Preview, it set up a dual boot (actually triple boot, 3 OS's - Win 7, Win 8.1 and Win 10). One of the Win 10 updates corrupted it. I've tried to fix it by booting with all 3 OS install discs and running "bootrec.exe". Bootrec.exe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual disk boot corruption

2. dual boot corrupts my discs

3. windows 1809 dual boot

4. windows update 1809 boot disk