Windows 10: Windows update 1809 freezes when Outlook sends/receives; case number: 1451158314

Discus and support Windows update 1809 freezes when Outlook sends/receives; case number: 1451158314 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Post to ask if others are experiencing system freeze/crash when launching Outlook after the most recent windows update? Background: Incident began on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Michalakes, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Windows update 1809 freezes when Outlook sends/receives; case number: 1451158314

Post to ask if others are experiencing system freeze/crash when launching Outlook after the most recent windows update?

Background: Incident began on Thur. Dec. 6, 2018. After updating to Win 10 Version 1809, build 17763.168, my Lenovo Yoga 920 began consistently freezing and then rebooting as soon as Outlook 2013 launced and tried to send/receive over POP account. Spent most of the day yesterday on chat with MS support, case 1451158314. Updated to Outlook 2016 but no change. Tech suggested rolling back to OS version 1803 but that would involve reinstalling most of my apps. Decided it was easier to stop using Outlook and use a different mail program until the next Win10 update with, hopefully, a fix. Meantime, I am able to run without the system freezing by launching Outlook without an internet connection, then switching Outlook to "work offline" before connecting to internet. Have it that way now to access mail archives and I am using webmail in meantime.

Other information: the freeze and crash occurr when on a wired internet connection. If on a wireless connection and then switch from "Work Offline" to online and then send/receive, the result is BSOD with IRQL error; then crash. Suggests some conflict in the drivers or elsewhere in network software stack. Have verified that Windows considers all network interface drivers to be currently up to date.

:)

John Michalakes, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Berton Win User

Outlook ceases to send and receive mail the next day

Does your Outlook Version 11 [part of Office 2003] ever send the messages? I've never favored having to click an icon to Send and Receive immediately, just another step in using the program, prefer to have it do the functions when clicking Send for the message.

And it's possible Win10 Version 1803 Build 17134.228 is part of the issue since support for Office 2003 has ended.

I'd try a test where Outlook is closed first before shutting down the computer, after all Outlook won't work when the computer is shut down.

Berton, Dec 7, 2018
  3. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method. Contact your ISP for assistance". I contacted them and they had no idea why nor had any other trouble calls with the win 10 install. I have accomplished one time the SFC/scannow with negative results. any help would be appreciated

**SOLVED** After much research, I found that the ports assigned for incoming were set at 995, which the default for email is port 110. steps to solve were opening outlook, 1. clicking on file tab, 2. in info tab select account and social network settings, 3. select account settings, 4. select current email profile, 5. select change, 6. select more settings bottom right in window, 7. select the advanced tab (internet email settings), 8. select port 110 as incoming or select default tab, 9. close all and restart, open outlook and click send receive button and mail showed be receive and send.

hockeypuck, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Windows update 1809 freezes when Outlook sends/receives; case number: 1451158314

What is the value of default timeout for Outlook send/receive email?

What is the value of default timeout for Outlook 2013 send/receive email? Or, maybe, Outlook use some different strategic for sending/receiving emails than simple timeout?

Updated: I am using Exchange account on LAN.

Bohdan Kuts, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows update 1809 freezes when Outlook sends/receives; case number: 1451158314

1. Windows update 1809 freezes when Outlook sends/receives; case number: 1451158314 - Similar Threads - update 1809 freezes

2. Outlook can't send but can receive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook can't send but can receive: Windows 20H2 MS Outlook 365 16.0.13901.20276 I had cause to restore my system after a system failure. All was restored OK except MS Outlook 365. After fiddling around for a while I have got all my folders restored and can now successfully receive mail. But I can't send. What...
  3. Outlook send/receive problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook send/receive problem: I am running Office 2016 on my desktop Windows PC. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Since then I have been having intermittent problems with Outlook. When I boot-up, open Outlook, and do a send/receive, it always works perfectly. After being open for some...
  4. Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.: Windows 10 did an update in August and ever since then, I am getting error messages for sending and receiving e-mails in Outlook and anytime I try to do something, I have to enter my password. I have tried to reconfigure the e-mail, and set up a new account. but now it...
  5. Case number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Case number: Hi, I called microsoft support, they said I need to give a case number. I am in a que right now, on my phone, and wondered if I am giving this code to the person I get trasferred to, or simply write it on the phonekeyboard. I am not sure what category a case number...
  6. Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.: Outlook is not receiving or sending messages. I have tried reinstall etc. but no success. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-is-not-receiving-or-sending-messages/4a430084-9960-4310-bc97-f981fac4e19c
  7. W10 May update crashes Outlook 2013 at send/receive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 May update crashes Outlook 2013 at send/receive: I have been weeks now (6 calls) with multiple MS tech support reps attempting to correct this issue. No luck at L1 or L2 support. L3 scheduled appointment not kept today by MS and now case # floating around between L3 and L4. Is there any real help available?...
  8. Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.: I now get "Network Operation Failed" and below that, "Error with send/receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error: 80041004" This Outlook install is part of Office 2010. Everything was running fine until this morning. I did a lot of searching...
  9. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...
  10. Send/Receive for Outlook 2016 slow after latest update

in Browsers and Email
    Send/Receive for Outlook 2016 slow after latest update: I think it happened after the latest update but whenever Outlook sends and receives email off my gmail account there is a long pause (about 30-45 seconds) before it starts to download and completes. It's not too bad, but I would like to get it back to where it download worked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bohdan outlook.com

2. outlook freezing after windows update 1809

3. windows 10 1809 outlook 2016 send receive bsod irql less than equal