Windows 10: Windows Update 1809 : Loss of Inbox Emails Older that 3 Months Old

Discus and support Windows Update 1809 : Loss of Inbox Emails Older that 3 Months Old in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. My PC was updated to 1809 on 12 Dec 2018 2. When I opened my emails on 13 Dec 2018, I only have Inbox emails from 13 Sept 2018 onwards. All emails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by atttim, Dec 18, 2018.

1. atttim Win User

Windows Update 1809 : Loss of Inbox Emails Older that 3 Months Old

1. My PC was updated to 1809 on 12 Dec 2018

2. When I opened my emails on 13 Dec 2018, I only have Inbox emails from 13 Sept 2018 onwards. All emails prior to 13 Sept 2018 appear lost.

3. By mail is BT Mail and they tell me they have been deleted.

4. Prior to the 1809 update everything was still in my Inbox prior to 13 Dec 2018 (the 1809 update)

5. Upon investigation into my Email & Accounts Settings>BT Internet>Manage>Change mail Box Synch Settings>Options For Syncing Your Content>Download your Email from>(Dropdown box) THE LAST 3 MONTHS

QUESTION:

Could the installation of 1809, and the settings therein, have removed my emails prior to THE LAST 3 MONTHS as this appears the default setting of the system I have never seen/touched before. The Dropdown Menu offers an alternative Download Emails From: "Now Anytime" which would seem to me the sensible Default Setting ??

Could anyone offer me any further advice on my problem??

:)

atttim, Dec 18, 2018

2. New emails link to old emails and they all show in the inbox

Hi Carlson,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How many user account you have configured in the Windows Mail app?
    • What do you mean by “New emails link to old emails”?
    If you have configured more than one user account in the Windows Mail app then, I would suggest you to switch the user accounts and check the emails in the inbox.

Follow the below steps to switch the user accounts in the Windows Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Under the Accounts select one user account and check the
      Inbox
      under Folders.
    If the issue still persist then, I would recommend you to delete and reconfigure the account.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Dec 18, 2018
  4. fisher99 Win User

Best Multi-User Email App?

Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person.

So, ideally:
    • One email program.
    • Two inboxes, with each inbox collecting email from a unique gmail account and a unique outlook account.

Will be interested in any suggestions.

fisher99, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update 1809 : Loss of Inbox Emails Older that 3 Months Old - Similar Threads - Update 1809 Loss

2. Windows Email inbox-shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Email inbox-shutdown: 24 hrs ago I stopped receiving emails on the default Windows email on my HP. My gmail & comcast are still receiving. Cleared cache. Nada happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-email-inbox-shutdown/d5e4cdea-db24-482e-860f-4dc80c308a44
  3. Windows Email inbox-shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Email inbox-shutdown: 24 hrs ago I stopped receiving emails on the default Windows email on my HP. My gmail & comcast are still receiving. Cleared cache. Nada happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-email-inbox-shutdown/d5e4cdea-db24-482e-860f-4dc80c308a44
  4. Email Inbox

Email Inbox: My Outlook emails are loading in Add Folder and have been doing so since May, 2021. No filtering, updates or any other attempts have allowed my daily messages to go directly to the Inbox as new messages. I received a message from what claims to be the Microsoft Team 2021;...
  5. Emails delete when searching inbox for old emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Emails delete when searching inbox for old emails: All of a sudden when I have searched for an email using the sender's name in the "search" field using the Mail app in Windows 10, when the email I am looking for come up and I click on it, all other emails before the email I was looking for start populating in the email list...
  6. Older emails are not showing in my inbox

Older emails are not showing in my inbox: In Microsoft 10 email, how do you keep all of your older emails in the in box? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-emails-are-not-showing-in-my-inbox/e2440fcb-c204-46b2-b801-a3ee1cab34bd
  7. EMAIL, INBOX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EMAIL, INBOX: After opening my inbox and reading the messages, moments later the messages will just disappear. did not delete them. I have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-inbox/c5d2d480-0216-4783-8357-7767321559f6
  8. outlook 365 stopped displaying older emails in inbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook 365 stopped displaying older emails in inbox: outlook 365 stopped displaying older emails in inbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365-stopped-displaying-older-emails-in/6e0c3694-6fbe-410d-b0b6-2c4ddcc96a28"
  9. 1809 update Data Loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 update Data Loss: Perhaps my observations on the SB2 15", win 10, 1809 (!!!) can help with solving the "data loss problems with the update. 1 I have had no data loss or other hiccups with the update. 2 I had redirected the folders "pictures", "music", "videos" (but not "documents") from my...
  10. outlook inbox not update emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook inbox not update emails: Hello My outlook 2016 is not update my inbox? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/outlook-inbox-not-update-emails/35ff1e78-9d1f-4c58-81e0-2ca66cdc0371