Windows 10: Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

Discus and support Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Are the steps to recover the data? Is Microsoft creating a patch fix so I can recover what was lost? Restore does not work for me and I need the data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAHMN, Oct 5, 2018.

1. RAHMN Win User

Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

Are the steps to recover the data? Is Microsoft creating a patch fix so I can recover what was lost? Restore does not work for me and I need the data that was lost.

:)

RAHMN, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

1. Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder - Similar Threads - update 1809 deleted

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. Accidentally Deleted a Folder In My User File With All My Word Documents In It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Deleted a Folder In My User File With All My Word Documents In It: Hi all, Recently I made the mistake of deleting a mislabeled folder in my User folder on my C:/ drive. Unbeknownst to me, this folder had all of my word documents and images saved within it I thought I had saved them elsewhere and had no idea they were within this folder....
  5. Windows 10: Documents folder in This PC is different from Documents folder in C:\user

Windows 10: Documents folder in This PC is different from Documents folder in C:\user: Windows 10: Documents folder in This PC is different from Documents folder in C:\user Among the above two options, what is Microsoft's intended and recommended path for savings one's documents for proper functioning including syncing with OneDrive?...
  6. Documents deleted from Documents folder

Documents deleted from Documents folder: Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-deleted-from-documents-folder/e4820f99-d6b3-4c03-855b-d996b67cb146
  7. My User Folder is Shown as "Documents"

My User Folder is Shown as "Documents": Hi all, I recently installed an SSD + HDD combination on my laptop. I wanted to move the user folders for downloads, desktop, music, etc. to my HDD and have my core software on my SSD. I think I incorrectly changed a few locations and now when I click on C:\Users, instead of...
  8. October 2018 1809 update deleted my folders and files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 1809 update deleted my folders and files: October 2018 1809 update deted my folders and files Support and MS Store cannot restore them. Years of important personal health records and financial information is gone. Support does not think any new release will retrieve my files. I cannot get to anyone at Corporate to...
  9. Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder: Are the steps to recover the data? Is Microsoft creating a patch fix so I can recover what was lost? Restore does not work for me and I need the data that was lost....
  10. Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents!

Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents!: Last night I updated to 1809, and it all went smoothly, but then I find that all my files in Documents are DELETED. Gone. Poof. This included many crucial documents and financial info. Yes, I have a backup (I think - using Windows Backup to a NAS). But this is pretty bad. Did...