Windows 10: Windows Update 1809 will not stop trying to install...

Discus and support Windows Update 1809 will not stop trying to install... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So my current problem (with an acer aspire which I have had for TWO WEEKS) is the 'windows feature update 1809' seems to have downloaded but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RebKP, Dec 29, 2018.

1. RebKP Win User

Windows Update 1809 will not stop trying to install...

Hello,

So my current problem (with an acer aspire which I have had for TWO WEEKS) is the 'windows feature update 1809' seems to have downloaded but will not stop trying to install it even after numerous failed attempts. I want to remove this update from my computer but I am not sure how to do this since it hasn't actually installed? Does that make any sense? The reason being that every time it starts trying to install, it puts my disk usage in the red (100% almost the entire time) and obviously that's not ideal. I ran the update troubleshooter and it wants me to delete and re-download all the updates? There has been about ten of those since I've owned this machine and I don't really want to spend the next eight hours re-doing something that should have been done already??? Currently the only way out of this hell is to open task manager and "end" the update. I know that won't work forever because when I have to update something else it'll start over again.

I've also been reading all kinds of forums and have found no real answers. I can take it in to best buy in the morning but if there's something I can do myself I would greatly appreciate some pointers!

Some people online are saying since so many users have had issues with this update microsoft was either supposed to not release it to anyone else (its the one from october, I bought this machine earlier in december. however I did have updates from as early as may that windows forced me to download and install, but those went fine) or they are telling people to wait until a new update is released and that should magically fix the problem?? and also who knows when that will be.

Basically what I would like is a way to get rid of this file so I don't have to live in this perpetual update loop.

Help a girl out. I appreciate it.

(Quickly losing my mind)

:)

RebKP, Dec 29, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 29, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 29, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update 1809 will not stop trying to install... - Similar Threads - Update 1809 stop

2. Windows update 1809 failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1809 failed to install: The newest version of windows was downloaded in my PC and after I restarted my PC it tried to install it. But I don't know why it did not installed. I'm giving the screenshot of the update history section. What can I do to get the update again....
  3. computer freezing after trying to install update 1809

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    computer freezing after trying to install update 1809: My computer was randomly freezing after windows update. Freezing would also occur instantly when using Photo App. Microsoft said it was a driver issue but could not identify it. I found a thread which said there was a conflict with update 1809 unless the Intel graphic driver...
  4. Windows Update tried to install 1809, failed, isn't trying any more

Windows Update tried to install 1809, failed, isn't trying any more: A few days ago Windows Update tried to install Windows 10 Version 1809 on my laptop. It failed and corrupted the Windows Update database. I deleted the database and let it get rebuilt. Now Windows isn't trying any more to install 1809. I was told that there is a registry key...
  5. Windows update 1809 fails to install

Windows update 1809 fails to install: ive tried to install the latest feature update (1809) multiple times but it fails every time with the attatched error message. Going into the update history shows the error code 0xc1900101[IMG]...
  6. Windows update 1809 failed to install

Windows update 1809 failed to install: The newest version of windows was downloaded in my PC and after I restarted my PC it tried to install it. But I don't know why it did not installed. I'm giving the screenshot of the update history section. What can I do to get the update again....
  7. installing update 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing update 1809: failed attempts when installing the 1809 update what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-update-1809/6425b987-7468-403c-8578-8270431d2957
  8. Timeline stopped updating after 1809 windows update

Timeline stopped updating after 1809 windows update: Hello, My timeline stopped logging my activity since I installed the 1809 Windows update on both my laptops. The last entries I see are from 10/03, right before I updated my computers. The curious part is that I can still see my recent activity normally updated on my...
  9. Windows update 1809 will not install

Windows update 1809 will not install: I've been having a problem with my computer for the last couple of months where it will not restart. It takes 30 to 45 minutes for my computer to restart. It will cold start just fine. I can shut it down and start it again and it starts up no problem, but it will not do a...
  10. Games stop working after installing Windows Update 1809

Games stop working after installing Windows Update 1809: My Ubisoft games Tom Clancy' Rainbow Six Siege, For Honor, Watch Dog and the DIvision failed to launch after the Windows 1809 update. My Steam Game from Bethesda Skyrim is also causing me issues as well I get a crash to desktop issue after the update. I tried uninstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop windows update 1809 from installing

2. windows update temporairly freezes computer wont update 1809