Windows 10: windows update 1903 crashed pc & now won't boot properly & shows no files exist

Discus and support windows update 1903 crashed pc & now won't boot properly & shows no files exist in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have attempted to update to 1903 a few times in the past week, but it always just shut my computer off for hours without updating. This morning, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlxPrc, Oct 31, 2019.

1. AlxPrc Win User

windows update 1903 crashed pc & now won't boot properly & shows no files exist

I have attempted to update to 1903 a few times in the past week, but it always just shut my computer off for hours without updating. This morning, I had the updates download and then it just sat "running" with a black screen after it restarted.

• Computer began a restart/shutdown loop. It kept doing this nonstop.
    • Contacted tech support. The only way the PC will boot is by holding down power for 15 or so secs and then powering on.
    • The startup screen/GIGABYTE menu with options for bios, system info, etc is the only thing that loads.
    • I can enter bios and system restore settings
      • system restore fails and does not recognize any media
      • go back to previous update does not work
      • load from PC image does not work

• Attempted to restore PC via USB "windows 10 setup" as directed by tech support but does not work. It begins to load and then takes me back to the main screen and attempts to repair, but fails and then returns to GIGABYTE motherboard screen.

If possible, I would like to retain my files. I have a large external HDD for this. I had backups but these do not work. I don't know what steps to take next. It began its life as a windows 10 PC, no older OS. It has had ZERO issues up until 1903 came out. Not even problems with other programs.

What steps could I take next?

:)

AlxPrc, Oct 31, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

3. windows not properly booting after crash

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I recommend you to create an installation media for Windows 10, boot the device using the media, access Command Prompt from Windows recovery Environment, enter the below commands to re-build the boot record and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10
    using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bootrec /scanos
    • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Click Turn off your PC.

6. Turn the PC back on and it should boot directly into Windows.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know whether the issue regarding the booting of operating system is resolved. We will be glad to help you further.

Anup Karkal, Oct 31, 2019
  4. windows update 1903 crashed pc & now won't boot properly & shows no files exist

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

windows update 1903 crashed pc & now won't boot properly & shows no files exist

1. windows update 1903 crashed pc & now won't boot properly & shows no files exist - Similar Threads - update 1903 crashed

2. PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device": Hello, I think the title says it enough. I was playing a game on my desktop and suddenly the screen freezed, nothing was responding and I shut it down pressing the power button. Next it leads to this message and refuses to boot Windows: "Reboot and select proper boot device...
  3. PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device": Hello, I think the title says it enough. I was playing a game on my desktop and suddenly the screen freezed, nothing was responding and I shut it down pressing the power button. Next it leads to this message and refuses to boot Windows: "Reboot and select proper boot device...
  4. PC crashed and now it doesn't boot, says "reboot and select proper boot device"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. update failed now won't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update failed now won't boot.: Update decided was going to install window 10 v 1909 was on 1809. Update failed and said was restoring previous settings 1809 however on reboot just got blinking cursor on screen. Downloaded Windows 10 to access recovery tools, tried all several times, restore, system...
  6. Accidentally deleted a file from the documents folder and now windows won't boot properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted a file from the documents folder and now windows won't boot properly: It started when I was browsing through the documents directory late at night when I accidentally hit delete on probably one of the first file that was listed I didn't see what it was but I didn't think much of it and shut off my laptop after pressing ctrl Z didn't restore it...
  7. Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot!

Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot!: I have a second hand Acer Aspire XC-885 which I've had for about a year now. After MS introduced us to the latest windows update, my PC kept crashing. It got worse until I got so fed up that the only thing to do was recover my PC by reinstalling Win10. I tried numerous...
  8. PC Won't boot properly trying to reinstall Windows with keeping previous files

PC Won't boot properly trying to reinstall Windows with keeping previous files: It started when my pc froze , i force shutdown and then I was stuck on a booting screen showing my msi screen. After that I tried to use the recovery settings but I got an error code. Then I tried to repair windows but it says I needed an admin account and i dont have any....
  9. Windows 10 updates 1903 crashed while updating now unable to boot in Windows

Windows 10 updates 1903 crashed while updating now unable to boot in Windows: Hi everybody, So my issue is weird, I started by looking on the forum for similar issues, but I could find anything related. Nothing recent in 2019-2020 Yesterday I was watching a movie on my computer, then I received a message advising that my computer will log out to...
  10. Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension: I did a clean installation of Windows 10 1903 last week. Now, I can't see file extensions. Under File Explorer Options, I have unchecked "hide extensions for known file types". Still, file extensions won't show. I have also unchecked "hide protected system files". Yet, they...