Windows 10: Windows Update 1903 wont run Adobe Photoshop or InDesign

Discus and support Windows Update 1903 wont run Adobe Photoshop or InDesign in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like everyone else, I was forced to upgrade to this latest version. For the record, I would have been happy to stay at the previous version 1809, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Googlieguy, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Windows Update 1903 wont run Adobe Photoshop or InDesign

Like everyone else, I was forced to upgrade to this latest version. For the record, I would have been happy to stay at the previous version 1809, or whatever version came on the Surface laptop that I bought just under a year ago. Which is to say, when it's not broke don't fix it. (And yes I understand security risks. And no, in all my connection to the internet since 1995 I have never had a virus or malware.)

Anyway, the download happened, about two weeks ago, the new version was running well, and during a cleaning of the hard drive, I noticed that the old version was taking up over 20 gb of space and I (stupidly) decided to delete. Stupid because I couldn't predict what was going to happen.

Yesterday for the first time since the new version, I tried to open my Adobe InDesign. The flash screen appeared for a few seconds, then disappeared, and that was it. It wasn't opening. I tried it over and over. No luck. I then tried Photoshop. Flash screen, but this time a message saying that some file wasn't found. Both of these programs have been working flawlessly since I got the laptop.

The one caveat is that they are both CS2. I have a later version for a Mac, but I'm not one that has ever needed all the extra stuff they keep putting on it. Both have the tools I need. So perhaps that is part of the problem. I'm not exactly sure what they date from. 2004 maybe? But why should that even be a problem? On my XP desktop (yes XP) I can run a DOS (yes DOS) program very easily.

So I went to the internet to learn about compatibility. I changed the compatibility to XP service pack 3, pack 2, Vista, Windows 8. None worked. I learned something about graphics scaling. I turned it on, off, tried different combinations of whether Windows or the application decided things. ALl the choices you're given in the advance section of compatability settings for EACH application, InDesign and Photoshop. None worked.

I called Microsoft. The lady took control of the machine, and started to do everything I already had done and she saw for herself none worked. So after an hour of my fiddling with it, and 45 minutes of her fiddling with it, she gave me a linke to download the previous Win10 version, 1809.

I have been trying to do that since 330pm Eastern time August 26. It is now 827am Eastern, Aug 27. The download file has been "interrupted" twice. When that happens, there is no "resume" button. Only an X to remove the listing. I called Microsoft last night about the first interrupt, and all he told me was "I'm very sorry" and "I understand" and "Breath deep". He gave me no understanding of what is interrupting.

When I started the first download, I shut off all power/sleep settings to keep the computer awake permanently. So it is not interrupting through sleep. I even have it set that the network never to disconnect.

The first download got to about 1.3 gb before the interrupt happened. I don't about the second one because it was overnight.

So right now I"m on the third download at 734mb. And the link they gave me is due to expire this afternoon. At the rate I'm going, I won't make it.

To insult to injury. The first agent told me that when I downgrade it will remain at that level. The second agent told me that even if I downgrade, it will eventually want to upgrade to the latest version again. I do know how to shut off the two services that control upgrades, but the last time I did this it would eventually turn itself back on.

And one more complaint. I called Microsoft this morning, and I went through all the labyrinthian menu selections over a few minutes. Only after I finished the last one did it tell me "We are closed". You can judge the sense of that. I'm tired.

So the main question is whether Microsoft knows this compatibility thing to be a general problem or not. The first agent didn't say so. The second agent claimed they do know.

The other question is whether anyone has anything else I can try to make these otherwise easy-to-run pieces of software to work. Windows programs on a Windows machine. Can't be that hard can it?

And for extra credit does anyone know what I keep getting these interrupts for the download? I haven't experienced this sort of problem for at least 20 years. Pause and resume work. But the interrupt just stops everything. No resume is possible.

:)

Googlieguy, Aug 27, 2019

2. Problem running Adobe InDesign

Hi Nhom,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while running Adobe InDesign on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to contact Adobe Support for further assistance in this regard. Click on below link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html#/product/indesign

Follow the below link to post your question in Adobe Support Forum:

Adobe InDesign Learn & Support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Are Adobe CS4 - InDesign CS4, Photoshop CS4, Illustrator, compatible with Windows 10 upgrade?

Are the programs in Adobe Creative Suite CS4 Design Standard - InDesign CS4, Photoshop CS4, Illustrator, etc. compatible and work well when upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ?

iRON MONKEY56, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Windows Update 1903 wont run Adobe Photoshop or InDesign

Adobe InDesign won't print

Thanks for isolating the issue. Since the concern seems to be on InDesign only, we suggest contacting Adobe about it as well for better assistance.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update 1903 wont run Adobe Photoshop or InDesign

1. Windows Update 1903 wont run Adobe Photoshop or InDesign - Similar Threads - Update 1903 wont

2. adobe indesign

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe indesign: I am unable to install adobe indesign onto my pc. When trying to install I am told that the app is not in the microsoft app store and to change my settings. However there is no instruction on how to change my settings. Please could you help....
  3. adobe indesign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe indesign: I am unable to install adobe indesign onto my pc. When trying to install I am told that the app is not in the microsoft app store and to change my settings. However there is no instruction on how to change my settings. Please could you help....
  4. adobe indesign

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop: Why are Adobe Photoshop or Creative Cloud apps not in the Microsoft store? In order to download photoshop I would have to switch out of S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-photoshop/91e72686-c622-4007-95de-b6f0a6136063
  6. Adobe Photoshop CS5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Photoshop CS5: I use Photoshop CS5 and have had no problems previously. It was loaded on a laptop running Win10 however this failed and I purchased a new one. On trying to load CS5 the autoplay / autorun fails to start. Apparently this is due to a "Digital Signature" and "Windows Signed...
  7. Adobe Photoshop CS3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Photoshop CS3: Windows 7 support is coming to an end, so I bought a Dell with Windows 10 and downloaded my Adobe photoshop CS3 installation disc and it downloaded but it will not open. The message is "Adobe photoshop CS3 is not responding". Thanks, Mike...
  8. After recent Windows 10 update, My Adobe PhotoShop wont work!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After recent Windows 10 update, My Adobe PhotoShop wont work!!!: Hello Everyone! This recent Windows 10 update has caused a ruckus w/ my Adobe programs now! :( No longer can I make PhotoShop work correctly...First I kept getting the "Crash Report Window"....Then I contacted Adobe and their Tech Support did a remote session that took 2hrs...
  9. Adobe Photoshop Elements, Windows 10.

Adobe Photoshop Elements, Windows 10.: I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements for my new HP Envy360 and downloaded. Download error comes up when I open the program. Need to reinstall and have no product key. How do I reinstall the program?...
  10. Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop: I'm having problems. Anything i do on PS, i get this: I thought edits were suppose to be "instant" instead of taking forever to do? I have an 8-core processor and 16GB of RAM. I should not be having this problem. [img] 114670