Windows 10: Windows update 1909

Discus and support Windows update 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So everytime I check windows update, the update states I need to install the cumulative update for windows version 1909. This happens EVERY TIME... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mehamilton, May 16, 2020.

1. Windows update 1909

So everytime I check windows update, the update states I need to install the cumulative update for windows version 1909. This happens EVERY TIME despite the fact that I have already installed it at least twice. When I check in the settings for the version I have it states I have 1909. Why do I keep getting the 'you need this update' when it is already installed?

In addition, update tells me that I need and update for .NET framework 3.5 and 4.8. But they have been installed.

Also, I am told to update the malicious software tool but that was already updated.

How do I fix this problem??

:)

mehamilton, May 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 16, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 16, 2020
  4. Gib G Win User

Windows update 1909

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows update 1909

1. Windows update 1909 - Similar Threads - update 1909

2. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  3. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  4. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959: Good morning, tried to update a computer to last version but windows update is broken see image and I can't find any solution that fixes it. When tried to update by media creation or by ISO error showsimage: we are having problems to determine if the computer can run windows...
  6. Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959

Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959: Good morning, tried to update a computer to last version but windows update is broken see image and I can't find any solution that fixes it. When tried to update by media creation or by ISO error showsimage: we are having problems to determine if the computer can run windows...
  7. Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959

8. Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2

Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2: For almost a year now and more than 20 tries, I've been trying to update the windows in my laptop from version 1909 to 22H2, all of which were unsuccessful.Despite having tried all the solutions provided by Microsoft in its support article, I still achieved no success in it....
  9. Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2

Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2: For almost a year now and more than 20 tries, I've been trying to update the windows in my laptop from version 1909 to 22H2, all of which were unsuccessful.Despite having tried all the solutions provided by Microsoft in its support article, I still achieved no success in it....
  10. Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1909