Windows 10: Windows Update 2.8.2019 now nothing seems to work

Discus and support Windows Update 2.8.2019 now nothing seems to work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It seems that since a windows update on the 2nd August 019 nothing seems to work properly. I can't even get the screen to activate printing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VickiBaileyUR, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Windows Update 2.8.2019 now nothing seems to work

It seems that since a windows update on the 2nd August 019 nothing seems to work properly. I can't even get the screen to activate printing. The software I use for invoicing freezes up which I try to print. Microsoft word freeze. Everything was working fine - should I restore to a few days before update

:)

VickiBaileyUR, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Windows Update 2.8.2019 now nothing seems to work

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update 2.8.2019 now nothing seems to work

1. Windows Update 2.8.2019 now nothing seems to work - Similar Threads - Update 2019 nothing

2. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....
  3. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....
  4. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.: Hello I'm looking for some help in fixing my windows update. I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh install of windows, which I'm trying to avoid if possible. Let me lay out the situation and what I've tried It originally began with the PC having poor performance...
  5. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.: Hello I'm looking for some help in fixing my windows update. I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh install of windows, which I'm trying to avoid if possible. Let me lay out the situation and what I've tried It originally began with the PC having poor performance...
  6. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. windows 10 stuck nothing seem to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 stuck nothing seem to work: this issue appeared today,i turned on my pc and the first thing i noted that my applictions are not working some of them doesnt have symbols and pictures cannot be open and wont loadand when i try to go to my pc settings to recovery it just stuck and a massage appearing...
  8. Update downloaded 8/13/2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update downloaded 8/13/2019: After the update Windows is not operable. The screen with the four pane window on the right and a tag line on the bottom appears. In the lower left corner is the Window’s Start icon, and the search box. There are no program icon’s. Ctrl+Alt+Delete displays the Lock,...
  9. Nothing seems to be working AT ALL

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing seems to be working AT ALL: So I recently upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10, had absolutley no issues with my laptop, however last night 08/06/15 I upgraded my desktop as well (both were running windows 8 and had no issues with either). When windows loads up the wallpaper is just a black...
  10. Finished Windows 10 updates, now nothing works

in Windows 10 Support
    Finished Windows 10 updates, now nothing works: Did windows 10 updates on my Lenovo idea pad laptop this morning and now have myriad of problems. Look everywhere for solutions, tried multiple restarts, nothing works. 1. Cannot connect to internet. Can't even access network or connection screens through control panel or...