Windows 10: Windows update 2004 broke search bar

Discus and support Windows update 2004 broke search bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This new search does not allow me to use advanced options such as "dimensions:", nor does it let me preview possible results. How do I uninstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AaronChan, Sep 17, 2020.

1. AaronChan Win User

Windows update 2004 broke search bar

This new search does not allow me to use advanced options such as "dimensions:", nor does it let me preview possible results. How do I uninstall the update?

:)

AaronChan, Sep 17, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 17, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update 2004 broke search bar - Similar Threads - update 2004 broke

2. KB5033372 broke my search bar

in Cortana
    KB5033372 broke my search bar: Pre-update https://i.gyazo.com/f1d20c5de040c3b8b5b070083bcb9001.pngAfter-updatehttps://i.gyazo.com/1599543a6d81be39c0ff493a00189639.pngThe temporary solution is obviously to uninstall the update, but I don't see it as a definitive solution. Am I the only one this is happening...
  3. Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar: Stop pushing out updates that break everything. Why, just why would you force an update on users that breaks something as key as audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-1909-broke-my-audio-and-my-search-bar/380602d7-1262-4954-b188-cabd1ad6cdc1
  4. Windows Update to 2004 broke Office 2000

Windows Update to 2004 broke Office 2000: My PC just updated to Version 2004. When I started Excel Office 2000, the registration box popped up asking me if I want to register my copy. No mattered what my choice was, Excel quit. When I double clicked a specific spreadsheet, the same thing happened. I ran the...
  5. Windows Update version 2004 Broke My Toolbar

Windows Update version 2004 Broke My Toolbar: Why did you remove the options in toolbar to color it and turn it transparent??? I cannot even resize it anymore! Why did you think this would be a good idea to take my toolbar away from me? Put it back like it was please....
  6. Windows 10 May 2004 Update - Search Bar No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 May 2004 Update - Search Bar No Longer Working: Hey All - I just got the download for the 2004 update today, and after completing the update, am no longer able to use the search bar on my computer. If I click into it, it tries to pop up a blank window before instantly closing back down again. I also seem to be missing the...
  7. Windows Explorer search bar not working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search bar not working after 2004 update: Today i just updated my win10 to ver 2004 with the new search bar but turns oit it was a disaster I tried to search a file and it result nothing just "The folder is empty" while is not, i try to manually search file and it's still there but the search bar can find it. I...
  8. Windows 10 2004 Update Broke my Computer

Windows 10 2004 Update Broke my Computer: Just wanted to report that updating to 2004 was a disaster for me. The update did not seem to recognize any of my USB ports. Neither the keyboard nor the mouse worked at all so I could not even get to a place to recover. I could work in the bios environment, but not the...
  9. Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop

Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop: Hello all, I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else had troubles... I had a user update to Feature Update 2004 last week on Friday, and RDP broke completely. We'd attempt to connect, and the connection would spin and spin. Tried reboots, speed tests on their home...
  10. 2004 Update broke wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 Update broke wifi: After the 2004 update my Wifi has square boxes in the icon. The 2G network connects and is secured but no network THe 5G connects fine but it is slow as it is further away. I have updated the adapter which is intel ac 9560 to the latest driver. No go, then uninstalled and...