Windows 10: Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt

Discus and support Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am at a loss for what I can do. After installing the 2021-03 update, I have no text under icons, in the context menus, in the control panel, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Melanie Rosenberg, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt

I am at a loss for what I can do. After installing the 2021-03 update, I have no text under icons, in the context menus, in the control panel, and **even in the command prompt**. I am unable to use any tools to restore fonts or to roll back updates because I can neither use the command prompt nor the control panel. Not sure where to go from here. This update already completely trashed my computer once before and I launched it into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled windows. But that did no good. I would like to try and remove my windows account next but not sure how without being able to click on things.

:)

Melanie Rosenberg, Mar 9, 2021

2. Command prompt font size is tiny and can't be changed

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding the Command Prompt font, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start button on your computer.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type sfc /scannow, and then press Enter.
    • Wait for the scan to finish.
    • Try changing the font size again.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Windows updates won't install!

Thank you very much! This did the trick:

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    b. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    net stop wuauserv

2. Register the Wups2.dll file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll
    b. Click OK on each verification message that you receive.

3. Type the following command at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
    net start wuauserv
    4. Exit the command prompt. To do this type exit, and then press ENTER.

If possible I'd give you many more thanks not just one! I love you! *Big Grin Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt :D

Black Panther, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt

Command prompt text size is incredibly small

Hi Mr.Morris,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) open command prompt

2) Right-click on the top (the title bar) of the command prompt window and select "Properties".
    You can also access the properties window by holding ALT+SPACE+P.

Notice the four tabs at the top of the properties dialogue box: Options, Font, Layout, Colors.

3) Open the "Font" tab. This is where you choose the font you would like to use. You will see two fonts: Raster fonts (as default) and Lucida Console. With this initial step, however, you only have these two fonts available
    to you

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt

1. Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt - Similar Threads - update 2012 broken

2. new command prompt is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new command prompt is missing: today the system suddenly reverted to legacy command prompt, and i can no longer access the new command prompt windows terminal. checked from microsoft store, it displays that the app is installed, but on opening windows terminal i get an error:windows 11, updated to latest...
  3. Missing text/font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing text/font: HiI'm having a problem where the fonts and text is gone, I can see some text in my desktop area, start menu, administrator popup etc ,but no text when navigating thru Windows explorer and in some apps. I can only see icons. Some apps like PowerShell, apps that run cmd on...
  4. Random text in command prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random text in command prompt: Today i used command prompt and when the task was done random text appeared in the part where i type in. This happened to me before and I ran anti viruses and reset my pc but it does not seem to stop. I don’t know if this is a bug or some type of malware....
  5. Command prompt missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt missing: Hello, I need help with a problem of mine I've been trying to open up command prompt for a while to do some of my work but I cant seem to find a solution for this i have tried everything but I cant get it to pop up on my laptop. please give me tips in trying to fix this...
  6. Typed something in command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Typed something in command prompt: I'm not an expert at command prompt but when I went to scan for corrupted files, I typed in sfc - scannow , not / It didn't do anything but I am really paranoid, this wouldn't have done anything right, like that command has no function? Am I correct? submitted by...
  7. Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt: Hi. I am just wondering if there is a command or commands you can input into Command Prompt to delete/get rid of fonts. If anyone has any answers, I would like to know!...
  8. No text, not even in command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No text, not even in command prompt: Hi guys My laptop was running pretty hot the other day, so I turned it off when it got super slow. This was after the latest update, and everything was working normally, except of course running hot. I booted it up again today, and... no text on anything to do with the...
  9. Command Prompt Broken in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt Broken in Windows 10: In Windows 10, when I run "cmd", it opens the black window and closes it right away. Even running a .bat script doesn't work, it opens the box and closes it right away. I have already tried running those commands in PowerShell DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth...
  10. Command prompt's font very small, can't change back

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt's font very small, can't change back: This happened after the fall update. It's not a big deal as I can still read it, but it's annoying. [img] 31988