Windows 10: Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter

Discus and support Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer was working flawlessly. I had it restart with update. When it restarted, there wasn't a wireless connection. I looked for wireless networks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaseyJ62, Jun 27, 2020.

1. KaseyJ62 Win User

Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter

My computer was working flawlessly. I had it restart with update. When it restarted, there wasn't a wireless connection. I looked for wireless networks and the computer wasn't seeing any.

I restarted the computer, hoping it was just some glitch.

When it restarted, it still had no wireless connection and didn't see any wireless networks.

I strung an ethernet cable from my router in another room all the way down the hall to my office to get my computer online.

Device manager shows the warning sign on my adapter so I looked in properties: This device cannot start. Code 10

I tried to update the driver, but Windows says it's using the best driver.

In order to fix this issue I had to go to the Netgear website, download the adapter's driver, uninstall the old driver, install the new driver, and connect the adapter to my wireless router's signal. Even then there was a scary moment when the connection dropped a second after signing in, but the second attempt seems to be holding.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

And why was this an automatic Windows update instead of an optional one? I don't want Edge, don't intend to use Edge, and am particularly peeved that the update disabled my wireless adapter - nice one Microsoft!

:)

KaseyJ62, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Adalwar Win User

NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems

in a elevated command prompt, see if adapter/Driver support Hostednetwork:

netsh wlan show driver

Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter [​IMG]

Adalwar, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

Hello Pipppero, Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter :)

If this device is a PC that has a USB port, then you could get and use a USB WiFi adapter to connect wirelessly to the router.

Here's an example: USB WiFi Adapter | AC1200 (A6210) | NETGEAR

Brink, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter

usb wifi adapter connected, no internet

It reports connected, no internet. This happened to a tp-link usb and a netgear, both new. Confusing.

Turns out, its a Windows 10 update. I tried both usb wifi adapters, editing the registry removing leftover entries between installs.

Still happened on both. Restored Windows 10 to before their critical update and the netgear usb wifi adaptrr (A6210) works. Be careful not to clean up after a Windows update as that can kill the restore possibility. Thanks Mickeysoft.

theaudioanalyst, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter

1. Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter - Similar Threads - update 2020 disabled

2. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  3. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  4. A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter: I've been trying to update my current network adapter, 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card, to my new one NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter. But everytime I go to update it, my computer gets a BSOD. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated....
  5. A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter: I've been trying to update my current network adapter, 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card, to my new one NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter. But everytime I go to update it, my computer gets a BSOD. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated....
  6. A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 1909 2020-05 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1909 2020-05 updates: I forgot to pause Updates prior to connecting on 6/5 and Windows Update did search and found 2020-05 updates for my system. I have my system set to Ask me to start the D/L. After writing down the Updates that showed up in the list, I Paused again. Checked MUC today and...
  8. 2020-05-05 problem with Rich Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2020-05-05 problem with Rich Text: I have a program under upgrading that stores and provides access to rich text an other formats. I personally use it on a daily. New versions are issued about every 6 weeks. On 2020-05-05 I accessed data with the current release April of this program without problem at about...
  9. Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when...: There is a known issue with the Netgear A6210 Wireless network adapter device where connecting to a network causes a system crash. Suggested fixes seem to mostly say to install the correct MediaTek driver, as it's their chip in the A6210. This would be fine, except that I...
  10. NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems: Hi, I think this is the 4th USB Wifi adapter that i have tried to use with windows 10 after the anniversary update to create a hotspot/adhoc Mainly using the program connectify Befor doing this update my USD wifi was fine i was forced to update windows for the new...