Windows 10: Windows update 2020 - gaming laptop sleep / hibernation

Discus and support Windows update 2020 - gaming laptop sleep / hibernation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since 2 days back I have updated my Windows 10 recent update, i cannot play games. Whenever I start playing the games COD etc, the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sameer1977, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Windows update 2020 - gaming laptop sleep / hibernation

Ever since 2 days back I have updated my Windows 10 recent update, i cannot play games. Whenever I start playing the games COD etc, the system flips to "locking" or simply goes black screen while power red light is blinking.

I have tried all power management, disabling hibernate , balance power usage updates etc. but I still have same issue.

Some has diagnosed it is CPU over heating issue which I doubt it because this is a month old brand new gaming laptop

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce 1060 6B

Core i7 16 GB RAM

1TB HDD + 256 GB SDD

Please let me know how can I fix this issue?

I currently have Windows 10 64 bit 18363.900 -version 1909

:)

Sameer1977, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    sleep or hibernate

sleep and hibernate are the same thing now.

S3 'sleep' has the entire system powered off, EXCEPT for system ram. a copy of ram is stored on the HDD when entering sleep.
    To answer the OP's question about the HDD taking wear and tear moving the laptop around - in sleep mode, it is powered off. ONLY system RAM has power in S3 sleep states.

Hibernate is when it loses power, it boots from the saved copy of ram. Often, this can load slower than a fresh boot since it has to load more from the HDD than usual.

so asking which you prefer... well, unless its a laptop you plan to store overnight or something, use sleep. its the same thing.

S3 sleep drains my laptop battery at only 2-3% an hour, so its not like its going to have a large impact on daily use.

Mussels, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Yo_Wattup Win User

Windows update 2020 - gaming laptop sleep / hibernation

sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows update 2020 - gaming laptop sleep / hibernation

1. Windows update 2020 - gaming laptop sleep / hibernation - Similar Threads - update 2020 gaming

2. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  3. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  4. KB5000842 update - Hibernation and Sleep problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB5000842 update - Hibernation and Sleep problems: I notice that, after installing KB5000842 update, my PC will not remain in a state of hibernation. It appears to hibernate and then immediately wakes up. Same problem applies to Sleep mode. Has anyone else noticed this? submitted by /u/LondonClicker [link] [comments]...
  5. Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?: So, I just moved from Mac to Windows 10 laptop. On my MacBook, I never did a shut down. I would simply put it to sleep overnight and then continue using it next day. I really don't want to shut down the Windows and then have all the programs load up again when I start it up...
  6. Laptops not switching from Sleep to Hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptops not switching from Sleep to Hibernation: Title says it all basically. It started with my Gaming Laptop first (XMG Fusion 15). If i close the lid, the laptop should normally go to sleep for a certain amount of time and after that switch to hibernation due to saving battery. My other laptop (Dell Inspiron 13 5378) now...
  7. Battery is drained is hibernate\sleep on Windows 10 laptop

Battery is drained is hibernate\sleep on Windows 10 laptop: Hey My Windows 10 laptop battery is drained overnight when it goes to hibernation, and sometimes when it goes sleep\hibernate\screen is turned of - it cant be woken up screen is black and nothing is responding- only option is to force shutdown by long pressing power button...
  8. HP Laptop Hibernates after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Hibernates after sleep: I have set my HP 250 G7 to sleep after 30 minutes when plugged in but after a couple of hours it switches to hibernate. I am not sure when this started happening eg after a BIOS update or Windows update to 1909 but it never used to do this it would remain in sleep mode and I...
  9. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  10. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...