Windows 10: Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System

Discus and support Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently updated my system to 20H2 (Fresh Install going through updates) and once it applied the update, I only get a BSOD upon startup. I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DanielThePrawn, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System

I recently updated my system to 20H2 (Fresh Install going through updates) and once it applied the update, I only get a BSOD upon startup. I decided to do another fresh reinstall of Windows and its the same thing when it updates. . Any way to fix this issue? The error code is 0xc000021a. Thanks.

submitted by /u/DanielThePrawn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DanielThePrawn, Feb 15, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/14c5a66e-da78-4969-803d-52337293c6ea?page=1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 15, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System

1. Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System - Similar Threads - Update 20H2 Broke

2. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  3. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  4. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update 20H2 broke 3 of my home computers :

Windows Update 20H2 broke 3 of my home computers :: Ok so, I tried to do the update 20H2 on my 3 home computers a few days ago... Non of them had any issues before with updating or whatever. Since I downloaded 20H2, my 3 computers give me a error message every time I'm trying to update. All of them have the message "We...
  6. Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.: An update was installed yesterday on my surface pro running windows 10, the initial issue was that windows hello face recognition stopped working along with an external usb connected monitor. Fingerprint was broken as well but I wasn't using that. After investigation and...
  7. Windows 10 20h2 update broke my main speakers.

Windows 10 20h2 update broke my main speakers.: I have VoiceMeeter for splitting audio and telling it which inputs and outputs I want, so if I'm streaming/recording gameplay and gameplay audio with OBS while talking to someone on Discord who might be watching me play, neither my audio nor theirs is recorded by OBS. I had...
  8. Latest Windows update 20H2 completely broke my WindowsApp folder

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Latest Windows update 20H2 completely broke my WindowsApp folder: Many apps no longer run after trying to update to the latest release. Just spews out the usual "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error message when launching them. This is mostly affecting my installed games, maybe around half of them are now dead...
  9. Windows recent update broke my whole system

Windows recent update broke my whole system: I updated to the newest 2004 version of windows and when it restarted there was just a black screen. I tried to do a system restore and had no luck, now my system is stuck on a infinite boot loop and won't even access the system restore, the only thing I can access is the...
  10. Windows 10 update broke my system!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update broke my system!: Hi The latest round of updates broke my sound system - Windows sounds worked but nothing from VLC or any other media player! I managed to get this all working by both running other updates and updating drivers on my Laptop but now I have a different issue! I run both a...