Windows 10: Windows Update 20H2 pushed and incompatible Conexant Audio Drivers not yet updated, stuck...

Discus and support Windows Update 20H2 pushed and incompatible Conexant Audio Drivers not yet updated, stuck... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As of february 25th 2021 Microsoft's article at: Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows Server, version 20H2 Microsoft Docs states: Last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RodrigoTrigo1, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Windows Update 20H2 pushed and incompatible Conexant Audio Drivers not yet updated, stuck...

As of february 25th 2021

Microsoft's article at: Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows Server, version 20H2 Microsoft Docs

states:

[COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]Last updated:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]2021-01-05, 05:37 PT[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1][COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]Opened: 2020-05-27, 12:20 PT[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]Affected platforms:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]Client: Windows 10, version 20H2, Windows 10, version 2004[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1][COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]Synaptics and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues with certain versions of drivers for Conexant or Synaptics audio devices and Windows 10, version 2004 the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Windows 10 devices with affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers might receive a stop error with a blue screen during or after updating to Windows 10, version 2004. The affected driver will be named Conexant HDAudio Driver under Sound, video and game controllers in Device Manager and have versions 8.65.47.53, 8.65.56.51, or 8.66.0.0 through 8.66.89.00 for chdrt64.sys or chdrt32.sys.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]Note We recommend that[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]you do not attempt to manually update [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba161, 29, 122, 1]using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved.[/COLOR]

Initially when the update was in phase 2004 it was blocked from the Windows Update setup window in Windows Configuration, with an explanation message about the issue.

A few days ago, the message was retired and Windows update begun trying to apply itself to version 20H2.

I still have [COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]Conexant Audio[/COLOR] drivers version [COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]8.66.67.70[/COLOR] which were never updated, and now the [COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]Windows Update has repeatedly got stuck at 61%.[/COLOR]

I am kind of terrified that the update goes on and then I lose my audio, without which it becomes impossible to work from home, which I do.

I have already contacted Microsoft support and the guy would try to force the manual the update using the Media Creation tool, he would not let me show him the article. I finally could get to terms and show him the article and he did not continue the process.

I am now in a limbo, since I don't get updated Conexant drivers from Microsoft, I don't know it version 20H2 or my current drivers will crash, and don't get updated drivers from the laptop manufacturer either LG .

This update has started to roll out automatically, gets stuck and now I don't know if it is better for it to get stuck so it will not leave me without audio, or what to do.

Please help

:)

RodrigoTrigo1, Feb 25, 2021

2. Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver

Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver with Dolby Speakers .
    The result is muted speakers despite audio visualization in sound property seems to work well .

Uninstalling driver and disabling device updates the default High Definition Audio Driver windows installed has a 50% volume level compared to driver that worked on previous version of windows .

Contacting lenovo lead to an open ticket , knowing that last time I had a similar issue took them 6 months to update their drivers .

--Edit--
    Here is a thread I started with a better understanding of the situation
    On buying new or used Laptop / PC beware of Conexant chips

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 25, 2021
  3. erpster4 Win User
    Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver

do you know what kind of lenovo laptop you are using?

maybe there's an updated conexant audio driver on MS Update Catalog but many of them are for the 1st creators update or fall creators update and are specific to certain Conexant audio devices with specific hardware IDs.

erpster4, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Windows Update 20H2 pushed and incompatible Conexant Audio Drivers not yet updated, stuck...

Problem with Conexant audio driver

My laptop is Lenovo g70. Due to windows update Conexant audio get installed on my laptop. It seems that there is bug in this driver. My microphone stops working. Before update it works fine with generic driver.

I have tried all method including checking of "Conexant audio option" in speech recognition but it doesn't fix. I rolled back driver. Now it's completely fine. No issue. Shouldn't Microsoft remove Conexant audio from windows update if the driver is buggy
    and its generic driver works perfectly fine?

ADITYAKUMARXG, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update 20H2 pushed and incompatible Conexant Audio Drivers not yet updated, stuck...

1. Windows Update 20H2 pushed and incompatible Conexant Audio Drivers not yet updated, stuck... - Similar Threads - Update 20H2 pushed

2. Conexant audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conexant audio drivers: Hello, I am running an HP Zboob 15 G5 laptop, with Windows 10. For a long time it ran fine using the default HD audio drivers. However sometime last year, WIndows decided to install the Conexant audio drivers by default. Once this driver is installed, the laptop report that...
  3. Incompatibility of Windows 2004 with Conexant Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incompatibility of Windows 2004 with Conexant Audio Drivers: It has not been possible to update Windows 10 to any versions later than 1909 due to incompatibilities with the Conexant Audio drivers. Many laptop PCs, even quite recent ones, are built with audio hardware that use the Conexant drivers. It is my understanding that support...
  4. Are Conexant/Synaptics Audio driver issues fixed yet?

Are Conexant/Synaptics Audio driver issues fixed yet?: Is the Conexant and Synaptics Audio compatibility issue with Windows 10 2004 fixed yet? I have a Lenovo Flex 14IWL with the Synaptics Audio driver, I'm wondering if it's safe to install Windows 10 2004. Anyone know if it's fixed?...
  5. Are Conexant/Synaptics Audio driver compatibility issues fixed yet?

Are Conexant/Synaptics Audio driver compatibility issues fixed yet?: Hi, I'm thinking about updating to Windows 10 2004 and I'm wondering if the problem with certain Conexant and Synaptics audio drivers has been fixed. I can't find anywhere that says whether it has been or not. I have a Lenovo Flex 14IWL 2019 with the "Synaptics Audio" sound...
  6. Conexant Audio Drivers in Windows update 2nd appearance

Conexant Audio Drivers in Windows update 2nd appearance: There was an update with Conexant in the title after 1803 had been installed. After that install session a message appeared relaying that MS Windows 10 decided that this particular addition was not good for the Acer V5-551 (orig Win8.1) laptop so it was not installed. BUT...
  7. Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver

Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver: Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver with Dolby Speakers . The result is muted speakers despite audio visualization in sound property seems to work well . Uninstalling driver and disabling device updates the default High Definition Audio...
  8. conexant hd audio driver

conexant hd audio driver: i have conexant hd audio on my nv53 gateway laptop the only way to get sound on w10 is to use the generic driver why must microsoft continually at ever update reinstall the old drivers that dont work upon each and every update i just found a setting to hopefully stop that...
  9. Conexant Audio Drivers

Conexant Audio Drivers: Still have bad Mic audio with Windows 10. Have Conexant put out new driver yet. Tried Windows 8.1 and still bad. Asus X450 Laptop 64 bit. Thanks Roger 18502
  10. Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?

Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?: anyone have one that works? 7690