Windows 10: Windows update 20h2 slowed my computer

Discus and support Windows update 20h2 slowed my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows updated to 20H2 and my computer became unusable, then I did a system restore to a point before the update, but still my computer was very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anonymous16511, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows update 20h2 slowed my computer

Windows updated to 20H2 and my computer became unusable, then I did a system restore to a point before the update, but still my computer was very sluggish to the point of unusable.

How can I fix this without doing a fresh install, because I do not want to reinstall my apps due to limited internet data?

:)

Anonymous16511, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Very late to this one . . . but of course Windows Update slows your computer. It's not rocket science. Updates are patches . . . added code. The more code your computer is required to read and process, the longer it's going to take to do it. The more bloated the code, the more RAM it requires.

Or let me put it another way: most people update or replace their computers because they are 'getting slow'. Computers don't get tired with age - what could possibly be slowing them down?

Windows Update and driver updates are the worst culprits. And the general advice to always update software and drivers is misguided.

There are a million different configurations of PCs in the world. Microsoft and other manufacturers cannot test the software on every spec. Over time problems are discovered running software on specific hardware. e.g. Windows 10 running Firefox from an SSD, using intel HD graphics on an AMD dual core processor will hang if Adobe is installed.

Microsoft or Intel with issue a patch to fix this. This patch will installed on every machine regardless of its configuration. So, even if you don't use Firefox, have an SSD or a dual-core processor your machine will run whatever patch code to accomodate the non-compliant configuration - thus slowing the system down.

Surtsey Ana, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Windows update 20h2 slowed my computer

Do windows updates slow down the computer?

New poster revives 4 month old thread that doesnt appear to be an issue anymore one way or the other. Seems legit.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows update 20h2 slowed my computer

1. Windows update 20h2 slowed my computer - Similar Threads - update 20h2 slowed

2. Update 20H2 Reset My Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 20H2 Reset My Computer: Following the update, I found that it looked as though my computer had been reset. everything from my desktop background to my start menu shortcuts had been reset. Programs I run on startup like Rainmeter, discord, and steam didn't run and even were missing from my programs...
  3. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Very Slow to Load

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Very Slow to Load: I just passed the three hour mark in installing this update, and apparently it's 88% complete. At this rate I could have built a new computer instead. Is anyone else experiencing this? Looking for recommendations on how to get this process completed....
  4. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Very Slow Load

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Very Slow Load: I just passed the three hour mark in installing this update, and apparently it's 88% complete. At this rate I could have built a new computer instead. Is anyone else experiencing this? Looking for recommendations on how to get this process completed....
  5. Update 20H2 slows down the Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 20H2 slows down the Windows: Hi Team, I have recently upgraded my OS Version from 1909 to 20H2 but now my system is slows down and performance is degraded as it was in previous version of windows i.e. 1909. Could you help me to figure out the steps I should take to restore the performance of my...
  6. Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.: It is a shame that, Windows, who boasts itself as supreme operating system can't handle updates. I can tell you for sure that Windows 10 is slower than its predecessors. My laptop is a HP Pavilion x360 with i5-8th Gen and a 8GB RAM with 4GB DDR. It is just 2 years old and...
  7. Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update: Hi, I've recently decided to update my windows 10 machine to 20H2 in order to use some WSL 2 features. I have noticed, however, that my PC gets annoyingly laggy when using the Windows Terminal, WSL, Chrome or just by opening any other program. Has anyone ever had this problem...
  8. Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc?

Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc?: Its as the title says...will it? submitted by /u/Wanyabe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzreci/will_updating_to_windows_10_20h2_slow_down_my_pc/
  9. Windows update to 20H2 slowed my printer down.

Windows update to 20H2 slowed my printer down.: On 1214/20 win 10 was updated to ver. 20h2 and my HP printer slowed down to one line at a time. Using IE with the same app and page, the printer works as it should. Any suggestions as to how to fix the problem?? ds...
  10. After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.: I searched the sub-reddit and didn't see if anyone else is having this issue, so if this is a repost I apologize. But essentially. I updated to 20H2, and anytime I go to launch a program, Chrome, Discord, Game, whatever. They are taking an extremely long time to load up. I...