Windows 10: Windows Update 21H1 = Microphone Problems ?

Discus and support Windows Update 21H1 = Microphone Problems ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I have an ASUS K571GT Laptop, and for some reason in the last week, the microphone has cut out and no longer works. When I use the camera app on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew-c-s, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Windows Update 21H1 = Microphone Problems ?

Hello,I have an ASUS K571GT Laptop, and for some reason in the last week, the microphone has cut out and no longer works. When I use the camera app on the laptop to record video, or use zoom or Facebook video call, the video portion works but no sound is being recorded. Just silence.I've checked Windows for updates, and even checked RealTek for the latest drivers and everything is showing that it is up to date.Even reinstalling the audio drivers doesn't fix the problem.I assumed an update is what caused the problem and the only update that happened, occurred around May 26th of which an update

:)

Andrew-c-s, Jun 10, 2021

2. Microphone Problem

Hello,

The issue that you're experiencing with the microphone may be caused by outdated driver. We would like to know more details about your concern so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we would also suggest that you update your driver. To do that, here are the

steps
    on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Microphone problem Windows (8/10)

Hi,

To resolve your microphone issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + S then type Speech Recognition on the search bar.
    • Click Set up microphone and follow the Microphone setup wizard.
    • When you reach Adjust the microphone volume, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.
    • Once the Setup wizard is complete, we can check if the microphone works properly. We can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows Update 21H1 = Microphone Problems ?

Issue(s) with 21H1 Update

The Windows update list of installed updates has always been a confusing & incomplete list. I don't think you had a problem at all.

Denis

Thema:

Windows Update 21H1 = Microphone Problems ?

1. Windows Update 21H1 = Microphone Problems ? - Similar Threads - Update 21H1 Microphone

2. Windows update 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update 21H1: hello I have just received my laptop from my uni and I was wondering if you could help as they have said not to upgrade to windows 11 which im happy not to do that I recently received a notification to do a windows update to 21H1 and i want to check that this is Windows 11...
  3. Windows 10 Version 21H1 Update. The microphone is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Version 21H1 Update. The microphone is not working.: Hi,Before updating to the latest version of Windows, my microphone was working perfectly. Now I tried all possible solutions. It's really frustrating because I can't join meetings or calls because the microphone isn't working. It seems that only the internal microphone works,...
  4. Windows 10 Version 21H1 Update. The microphone is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Version 21H1 Update. The microphone is not working.: Hi,Before updating to the latest version of Windows, my microphone was working perfectly. Now I tried all possible solutions. It's really frustrating because I can't join meetings or calls because the microphone isn't working. It seems that only the internal microphone works,...
  5. Windows 10 Version 21H1 Update. The microphone is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Problem when updating Windows to version 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem when updating Windows to version 21H1: Hello,I am currently running Windows 10 1909 on a Dell Latitude 7280 laptop, when I try to update it onto version 21H1, the update gives me the error code 0x8007042B - 0x4000D, what i have done so far:- Run the MediaCreationTool21H1.exe this one gives me the error code- Run...
  7. windows 21h1 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 21h1 update: hi allJust wondering ,when updating windows 10 from 18 to 21h1 , will malwares be removed ? .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-21h1-update/336646e5-7785-4457-b8ff-a960d07f45d4
  8. Problems with Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Windows 10 21H1: Hello,I have a problem with the aforementioned Windows version. For some context, I was previously at version 1909 for quite sometime, I have not been able to update to the versions between 1909 and 21H1 for some unknown reason. It just mentions that my Windows version is...
  9. Log in Problem on windows 21H1

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in Problem on windows 21H1: hi,I have installed a Kaspersky security center "KSC", a single administration console for controlling all Kaspersky Lab security solutions and system administration tools, on a computer with a windows version 21H1. There are 1 user account and 2 administrator accounts on it....
  10. Windows Update problem Win10PRO 21H1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update problem Win10PRO 21H1: Hello. Couple days ago I found out that Windows Updates stopped working on my computer. It's Win10 PRO 21H1 (19043.1052) upgraded from 20H2 via Windows update assistant. After update Windows stopped working. When I click on check updates, I see just error message like here:...