Windows 10: Windows Update 8.1

Discus and support Windows Update 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was updating Windows 10 as follows:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rezaahmadian, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Windows Update 8.1

I was updating Windows 10 as follows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-update-assistant-3550dfb2-a015-7765-12ea-fba2ac36fb3fCan you update Windows 8.1 like this?

:)

rezaahmadian, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 17, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows Update 8.1

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update 8.1

1. Windows Update 8.1 - Similar Threads - Update

2. How to stop Windows 11 from updating my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 11 from updating my drivers: As the question asks, how do I stop windows 11 from updating my drivers? I have looked everywhere online but nothing I do stops it. I get my gpu updates directly from Intel but as soon as I update the drivers, windows update installs an "updated" driver that is 2 years out of...
  3. How to stop Windows 11 from updating my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Windows 11 from updating my drivers: As the question asks, how do I stop windows 11 from updating my drivers? I have looked everywhere online but nothing I do stops it. I get my gpu updates directly from Intel but as soon as I update the drivers, windows update installs an "updated" driver that is 2 years out of...
  4. Updates are not completing and I get an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are not completing and I get an error message: I am encountering error messages. I searched on the internet and tried a few solutions, but the problem was not solved and it still persists. I'm open to suggestions and help. thanks...
  5. Updates are not completing and I get an error message

Updates are not completing and I get an error message: I am encountering error messages. I searched on the internet and tried a few solutions, but the problem was not solved and it still persists. I'm open to suggestions and help. thanks...
  6. Updates are not completing and I get an error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What steps should I take to troubleshoot "Windows Update Error 0x80070422" on my Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What steps should I take to troubleshoot "Windows Update Error 0x80070422" on my Windows 10...: Please any expert help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-steps-should-i-take-to-troubleshoot-windows/9f98dafb-f3f1-450a-931e-4b78b814f325
  8. What steps should I take to troubleshoot "Windows Update Error 0x80070422" on my Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What steps should I take to troubleshoot "Windows Update Error 0x80070422" on my Windows 10...: Please any expert help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-steps-should-i-take-to-troubleshoot-windows/9f98dafb-f3f1-450a-931e-4b78b814f325
  9. What steps should I take to troubleshoot "Windows Update Error 0x80070422" on my Windows 10...

10. Windows/Google Updaters destroying our systems

Windows/Google Updaters destroying our systems: 3 days- SIX blue-screen crashes. Hardcore shutdowns, triggered by BOTH Microsoft & Google. S.I.X. In 3 days. As I said- CRIMINAL. Every single time? NEW UPDATES have been FORCED into my system- I've NO idea what's been done, nor what they contain. It just says "New Updates...