Windows 10: Windows update 8/21/19. My computer is like back to all default settings?

Discus and support Windows update 8/21/19. My computer is like back to all default settings? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I had an unexpected Windows update that lasted forever repeatedly re starting. Now I have lost Chrome, all my personal settings, all my short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by reginaahart, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Windows update 8/21/19. My computer is like back to all default settings?

Today I had an unexpected Windows update that lasted forever repeatedly re starting. Now I have lost Chrome, all my personal settings, all my short cuts won't open and are asking for an app to open? Can't get to my email so on and on. Can anyone help? I tried to restore, Nope. I tried to find the download and trouble shoot, Nope. The PC is like a new computer when you first start up now? Help?

:)

reginaahart, Aug 22, 2019

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 22, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows update 8/21/19. My computer is like back to all default settings?

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows update 8/21/19. My computer is like back to all default settings?

1. Windows update 8/21/19. My computer is like back to all default settings? - Similar Threads - update computer default

2. What caused my computer to kick back to default settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused my computer to kick back to default settings: Not sure this is the right forum for this. This afternoon I had to go run an errand. I left my computer running. When I came home my computer was completely changed. It's like it was reset back to default settings. My pictures folder is empty. My video folder is empty. My...
  3. 8/7/21 defender update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    8/7/21 defender update: My computer was fine and operating well on the 7th but when I used it on the 8th the computer blue screens. Restarts. And repeats. The only change was the update for windows defender. I know because I only used it for word doc on the 7th nothing els. Upon uninstalling the new...
  4. Reverse typing 19 feb 21

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reverse typing 19 feb 21: this happens sporadically, I'm not hitting any accidental key combos, acts like harassware, almost like a joke. Very annoying, having to highlight/delete/and retype, then it's ok.. only has happened over the past year, I run preview editions, and now I'm using a stable...
  5. Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?: Hi all - Here is what I want to do and I'm not sure if it can be done. In every area of Windows settings, is it possible to set each main section back to default values? For example - Start -> Windows Settings -> System (and all sub-sections.) It would make life a bit...
  6. Windows Updates shows 12/21/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates shows 12/21/19: I have beem trying to update the latest updates, the error message keep saying the last date is 12/21/19, it does not show the recent date like today's date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-shows-122119/d4e93efe-a6cc-421e-bf40-2c1d7287022b
  7. Windows update 8/9/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 8/9/19: I had the Windows update yesterday.It said it would take a while and it did..over an hour. When my laptop restarted everything was gone. It was like I had a new laptop Googled how to revert back to the previous version..thankfully it worked Any idea how to do this update...
  8. how to set my computer back to its default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to set my computer back to its default setting: how reset my default setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-my-computer-back-to-its-default-setting/227bd7c9-e090-405d-b777-633725473b7d
  9. Hacking 5/21/19

Hacking 5/21/19: I forget to state that the McAfee Employee also asked that I purchase a Ethernet Cable which mint disconnection the call and going to Walmart the closes store to me which is about 45 minutes round trip plus time in store after Repeatedly stating I did not have a Ethernet...
  10. Hacking 5/21/19

Hacking 5/21/19: At appx. 9:30AM I was hacked by someone claiming MicroSoft Tech. named Alex Smith from the following numbers 956-205-0398 354-245-8301, and 209-062-9212 Having placed a call to MicroSoft I thought nothing of it. Alex Smith tried to download "Utraview by...