Windows 10: Windows Update a few days ago

Discus and support Windows Update a few days ago in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by explorerr, Dec 17, 2020.

1. explorerr Win User

Windows Update a few days ago

Hello one and all,

A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard.

I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting me to a worker. Four hours later, I was still waiting to be connected to a MS technician.

Can someone tell me how I can reach MS Support, because I'm wasting lots of time not getting anything done? Thanks very much for any assistance you can render me.

:)

explorerr, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Mouse stopped working 2 days ago

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons for this matter to occur. One possible cause is your
    drivers
    might be
    outdated
    or the issue is within the
    device/hardware
    itself. However, we need to make sure that it is the case. To isolate the issue, we have
    some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried downloading and installing the latest driver update available in your computer/laptop manufacturer's
      website?

• Have you tried using the device to another computer?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    Device Vendor manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Dec 17, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update a few days ago :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update a few days ago - Similar Threads - Update few days

2. Since installing windows update a few days ago , brightness setting disappeared, audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since installing windows update a few days ago , brightness setting disappeared, audio...: I am using a Lenovo laptop. After installing an update a few days ago several things have gone haywire.Brightness is high but can't be changed. The slider from taskbar has disappeared, searching for brightness in settings doesn't yield any results and using the keyboard...
  3. Since installing windows update a few days ago , brightness setting disappeared, audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since installing windows update a few days ago , brightness setting disappeared, audio...: I am using a Lenovo laptop. After installing an update a few days ago several things have gone haywire.Brightness is high but can't be changed. The slider from taskbar has disappeared, searching for brightness in settings doesn't yield any results and using the keyboard...
  4. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  5. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  6. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  7. After windows updated a few days ago, I cannot play any games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After windows updated a few days ago, I cannot play any games.: Hi Folks. Really hope there is someone who can help me with this problem. So after I installed the most recent windows update, all my games are unplayable. I have tested multiple games. It's also well worth noting that this happens when I try and play online, running offline...
  8. Updated Windows 10 Few Days Ago and Computer BARELY Works Now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updated Windows 10 Few Days Ago and Computer BARELY Works Now: If anyone has any help, it'd be greatly appreciated. After installing the new Windows 10 a few days ago, our computer takes FOREVER to upload anything, especially pictures and many times it just stops working. Complete disaster. I see others have had the same trouble,...
  9. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.: My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updated-a-few-days-ago-and-ever-since/0d1d6b6d-227b-4903-a216-251330b371f3
  10. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.: Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No...