Windows 10: Windows Update ABNORMALLY uses the system's disk resources and usage causing the PC to slow...

Discus and support Windows Update ABNORMALLY uses the system's disk resources and usage causing the PC to slow... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As monitored from task manager, when an update is on installing stage, task manager shows that the disk usage increases but could not determine which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marr Raimund Salcedo, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Windows Update ABNORMALLY uses the system's disk resources and usage causing the PC to slow...

As monitored from task manager, when an update is on installing stage, task manager shows that the disk usage increases but could not determine which process or service uses the disk abnormally. That process might be Windows Update however it is not shown. It is also happened that the disk is fully used up but the hard drive or the disk isn't reading or/and writing any data AT ALL during the mentioned scenario.

Windows Update ABNORMALLY uses the system's disk resources and usage causing the PC to slow... 803719b4-9e31-41e4-a34e-953057c1bd61?upload=true.png

:)

Marr Raimund Salcedo, Jan 20, 2020
  2. selereth Win User

Abnormal disk usage caused by HxTsr.exe

Yeah, I went a step further and just removed my accounts from the built in mail app. Don't need the added hassle of having to deal with abnormal disk spikes which just put unnecessary wear on my SSD. This fix works though, so thanks.

selereth, Jan 20, 2020
  3. TheViper Win User
    page file causes high disk usage and making my pc slow

my pc is so slow in internet browsing and gaming because of high disk usage.

i tried everything disabling show me tips about windows and superfetch, changing virtual memory, scanning for virus.

and then i found out page file caused the high disk usage so i disable it, then my pc became so fast and no high disk usage but i keep getting low memory error and crashes even though i'm only using 60%-70% of my ram.

so i checked resource monitor and found out more than half of my ram goes to standby and only 1 mb in free
    Windows Update ABNORMALLY uses the system's disk resources and usage causing the PC to slow... [​IMG]

so is there anyway to disable standby memory?

specs:
    cpu: i5 4440
    ram: 8gb 1600 ddr3
    gpu: gtx 950 2gb

TheViper, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Windows Update ABNORMALLY uses the system's disk resources and usage causing the PC to slow...

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update ABNORMALLY uses the system's disk resources and usage causing the PC to slow...

1. Windows Update ABNORMALLY uses the system's disk resources and usage causing the PC to slow... - Similar Threads - Update ABNORMALLY uses

2. 100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage: My "system" in the task manager has been causing a lot of disk usage to the point that my screen goes frozen, specifically I'm getting 100% disk usageSystem randomly goes to 20% - 80% disk usage, no reason said whyThis never happened before, but until updating my pc, I am...
  3. Windows 11 abnormal disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 abnormal disk usage: i have two ssd. the C is the new one with windows, i have very frequently freeze, especially when i play videogames. i try to move the game from C to D and everything work fine but windows still freeze when a open a program install con C or even when i try to open settings or...
  4. The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage: Win 10 22H2 on my laptop Thinkpad X1 Nano.The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage in task manager, which makes my laptop runs at a high frequency over 3Ghz and on a high temperature.Picture 2: So I open the Process Hacker, there is a 'IoStopTimer' thread in the...
  5. The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage: Win 10 22H2 on my laptop Thinkpad X1 Nano.The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage in task manager, which makes my laptop runs at a high frequency over 3Ghz and on a high temperature.Picture 2: So I open the Process Hacker, there is a 'IoStopTimer' thread in the...
  6. The process 'System' causes an abnormal high CPU usage

7. Abnormally usage of cpu and disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abnormally usage of cpu and disk: On my four year old i3 6th gen 4 gb ram laptop when I run any app/software the cpu and disk usage goes from 90 to 100% for a few seconds. Sometimes this happens even if the app / software is not run. What is the solution...
  8. Abnormally usage of cpu and disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Abnormally usage of cpu and disk: On my four year old i3 6th gen 4 gb ram laptop when I run any app/software the cpu and disk usage goes from 90 to 100% for a few seconds. Sometimes this happens even if the app / software is not run. What is the solution...
  9. Abnormally usage of cpu and disk

10. 100% DISK usage causing slow system startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% DISK usage causing slow system startup: For the last week or so my system has been very slow to startup, and during this time the disk shows at 100% usage. It takes at least 5-10 minutes until everything has loaded and disk usage returns to normal and the system is usable. I have checked the resource monitor...