Windows 10: Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

Discus and support Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. Can someone please help out. Accidentally carried out a windows 10 update from my guest account and my admin account and all the files in it are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AiiDee1, May 20, 2022.

1. AiiDee1 Win User

Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

Hi. Can someone please help out. Accidentally carried out a windows 10 update from my guest account and my admin account and all the files in it are missing. How can I recover the account and the files in it? Literally all my important files were in there. Any help please?

:)

AiiDee1, May 20, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, May 20, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Lost Administrator account

Hello,

The easiest way to resolve this issue is by enabling the built-in administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • Restart the system and create a
      new user account

Once you create the new administrator user account you can disable the Built-in Administrator Account by:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:no
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • Restart the system.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, May 20, 2022
  4. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

Issues with the lost files in the account in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the lost files in the account. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “main one” is it local account or Microsoft account?

2. Did you make any changes in the account settings?

I suggest you to login to the account where the files are missing and then follow the below steps.

• Open the Run by Windows+ R and then Enter.
    • Press . ( the full stop button in the keyboard) and then Enter.
    • Check whether you could see the user profile files.
    Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

1. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost - Similar Threads - Update Administrator Account

2. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost: Hi. Can someone please help out. Accidentally carried out a windows 10 update from my guest account and my admin account and all the files in it are missing. How can I recover the account and the files in it? Literally all my important files were in there. Any help please?...
  3. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost: Hi. Can someone please help out. Accidentally carried out a windows 10 update from my guest account and my admin account and all the files in it are missing. How can I recover the account and the files in it? Literally all my important files were in there. Any help please?...
  4. Lost administrator account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost administrator account on Windows 11: Hello,I accidentally removed my account from Netplwiz. And now I’m stuck on the login screen. I can’t reset my Windows 11 Login Password too, it keeps saying this....
  5. Lost administrator account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost administrator account on Windows 11: Hello,I accidentally removed my account from Netplwiz. And now I’m stuck on the login screen. I can’t reset my Windows 11 Login Password too, it keeps saying this....
  6. Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role: A week ago I had Administrator rights on this PC. For reasons unknown they have disappeared. I am no longer able to open downloaded apps. I have followed many fixes offered by Microsoft and others but in the end get to "Access Denied" or yet another request to log in to MS...
  7. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  8. administrator account lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator account lost: I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost my administrator account. Can you help me? I have no trouble using the computer and there is only one account. I can't change anything till I can the account back....
  9. Lost administration rights on admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  10. Lost file & Lost Administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost file & Lost Administrator on Windows 10: Two issues today...1) I moved a file from one folder to another but when I went to the new location it was not there. It was not in the old folder or any of the other document folders. I, also, checked the recycle just in case and it was not there. File search does not find...