Windows 10: Windows update advanced options freezing

Discus and support Windows update advanced options freezing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I clicked on windows update advanced options and it freezes the settings. I tried searching it in the start menu of windows 10 and clicked "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FelixLloveras1, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Windows update advanced options freezing

I clicked on windows update advanced options and it freezes the settings. I tried searching it in the start menu of windows 10 and clicked "Windows Update Advanced Options" and it brings me to the windows update options and the same thing happens when i click advanced options, it freezes. Can I fix this somehow?

Same thing happens when I click update history as well.

:)

FelixLloveras1, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Oct 23, 2020
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Windows update advanced options freezing

Windows Update Advanced Options missing from update page

Hi Margo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows key + I and select update and security
      >> Advanced options >>choose how updates are delivered>>toggle the switch to
      OFF.
    Hope this information helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows update advanced options freezing

1. Windows update advanced options freezing - Similar Threads - update advanced options

2. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  3. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  4. Advanced Options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  6. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  7. When i go to Advance Option it freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i go to Advance Option it freezes: When i go to settings then update and security then press Advanced Options it freezes i dont know why this happen but it happen it freezes after i press the button...
  8. advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    advanced options: computer stuck in advance options and options are turn of pc and advacned options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options/0a8f8501-2e71-41bb-9070-103ca9e25b35
  9. Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options?: Hello, I turn on "Download updates over metered connection" in advanced option in Windows setting and then Enabled automatic updates via Group policy. Now Which one is to apply? Download update over metered connection? or except on metered connection? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Help with Windows Update Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Windows Update Advanced Options: I attempt to turn on automatically download updates option, and the on button switches to off without me clicking anything. I have windows 10 1803 How do I fix this, so I can be ready for the future upgrades for the windows 10 versions that come up....