Windows 10: Windows Update Always Fails - Even after a factory reset

Discus and support Windows Update Always Fails - Even after a factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All,So I've been having issues with Windows 2004, for over a year windows has said it needs to update to the latest version 20H2 and no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trevor Freddy, May 30, 2021.

1. Windows Update Always Fails - Even after a factory reset

Hello All,So I've been having issues with Windows 2004, for over a year windows has said it needs to update to the latest version 20H2 and no matter what it always fails.. It will get to 98% and then say "Unable to apply changes... Reverting"... I've run an sfc scan and found nothing, I ran a bunch of DISM repairs and found nothing....I got to the point where I gave up and just ignored the updates, after about 6 months windows started forcing me to update shocker... It obviously fails every time, and then I could go for about another month before it forced me again. Finally windows start

:)

Trevor Freddy, May 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 30, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 30, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Update Always Fails - Even after a factory reset

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update Always Fails - Even after a factory reset

1. Windows Update Always Fails - Even after a factory reset - Similar Threads - Update Always Fails

2. Windows update fails around 99% even after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update fails around 99% even after factory reset.: I have had this problem for around 3-4 months now, I have made a help request on this before. But nothing helped, as I could not get a windows 10 key. I have looked all over the internet, and nothing has worked. I tried to factory reset and wipe my drives but that didn't work...
  3. Windows update fails around 99% even after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update fails around 99% even after factory reset.: I have had this problem for around 3-4 months now, I have made a help request on this before. But nothing helped, as I could not get a windows 10 key. I have looked all over the internet, and nothing has worked. I tried to factory reset and wipe my drives but that didn't work...
  4. Windows update fails around 99% even after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset: Ever since getting this laptop, I have had a variety BSODs occur at random times ranging from at least once a week to dozens of times a day. Lately, they have all been "System Service Exceptions," but they have previously been a number of stop codes that all seem to point to...
  6. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset: Ever since getting this laptop, I have had a variety BSODs occur at random times ranging from at least once a week to dozens of times a day. Lately, they have all been "System Service Exceptions," but they have previously been a number of stop codes that all seem to point to...
  7. Windows fails to start after full factory reset failed

Windows fails to start after full factory reset failed: I tried to reset my Windows 10 pc but full factory reset through windows defender but after that, it failed to do its operations and following it stopped starting and taking me to the DesktopI have tried Troubleshoot, Reset etc but none is working...
  8. No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting: So about a while ago I pulled my headphones too hard and a little piece got stock in there but I just took it out. And that was that. A couple weeks later my sound wasn't working with my headphones. The speakers and Bluetooth earbuds were fine. I couldn't figure out what to...
  9. Failed recovery after factory reset.

Failed recovery after factory reset.: Hello, I got my laptop repaired just now. Since the policy of this repair centre is that they reset the PC to factory settings, i made a windows recovery DVD and and an ISO file of my complete system on an extternal HDD. Now the laptop came back, repaired but ofc in...
  10. Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk at 100% even after a factory reset: So i fully reset my laptop which has windows 10 updated version. Even after resetting it ,the disk is at 100% and there are around 89 background process running which i have no clue about. Hope i could get a solution...