Windows 10: Windows Update and Apps not working

Discus and support Windows Update and Apps not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro but for some reason my Windows does not want to update and I cannot install any apps. I keep on getting the same error and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frana123, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Frana123 Win User

Windows Update and Apps not working

I have Windows 10 Pro but for some reason my Windows does not want to update and I cannot install any apps.

I keep on getting the same error and nothing seems to work...

Error: 0x80070424

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I have tried command prompt scans etc and nothing works

:)

Frana123, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Windows Update and Apps not working

Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update and Apps not working

1. Windows Update and Apps not working - Similar Threads - Update Apps working

2. Store update in apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store update in apps not working: Apps that I downloaded from store is not working. Says something went wrong with error of numbers and letters. I dont know what is the meaning of those so I cant tell if I can help you guys. Please help me and I want to download from Store. I have Windows 10 Home...
  3. Store update in apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store update in apps not working: Apps that I downloaded from store is not working. Says something went wrong with error of numbers and letters. I dont know what is the meaning of those so I cant tell if I can help you guys. Please help me and I want to download from Store. I have Windows 10 Home...
  4. Store update in apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. apps keep updating but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps keep updating but not working: I keeping my application updated all the time but this time the update is not working. Something happened in our end error message came up and I dont know how to make it resolve in my end. I saw this error message yesterday so I thought I just need to wait to make it resolve...
  6. Windows apps not working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps not working after update: Hi,After my laptop updated, my Windows apps wouldn't start. Examples are Outlook mail, Xbox game bar, and OneNote. I tried to follow the steps suggested to others who had experienced this issue but got stumped when I tried to run WSreset.exe, at which point I got the...
  7. Update of Itunes App, not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Update of Itunes App, not working: Tried to update the Itunes App after getting a message for update available. Took me to the Microsoft store for update. Now I am getting the message that I can't launch the new app until the old app is deleted. I followed the instructions and have deleted all Apple software,...
  8. Apps not working following Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps not working following Windows update: Recently, every time I permit a Windows 10 update (twice in the last few days), non-Windows apps stop working. I can then sometimes get the apps running by uninstalling and reinstalling. This is just the latest in a long and ever-growing list of incidents since Windows 10...
  9. apps not working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    apps not working after update: After a recent update, my laptop pc would not open any apps, including music, photos and even cd . I have contacted microsoft support, and despite re installing this and that and spending many many hours at the pc it is still not working correctly. Have a good anti virus...
  10. No MS Update/Apps Working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No MS Update/Apps Working: Hi, I am having the issue where if I go to to Windows update I get "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." I tried @Brink's solution to reset the service...