Windows 10: Windows update and Corel Painter

Discus and support Windows update and Corel Painter in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had Corel Painter 2018 installed and it worked fine. Had not used for a while and suddenly it wouldn't load and had an error message - I contacted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexisandtim, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Windows update and Corel Painter

I had Corel Painter 2018 installed and it worked fine. Had not used for a while and suddenly it wouldn't load and had an error message - I contacted Corel and they said that it had to be that some Windows update had not completed correctly and I needed to totally re-install windows. I had tried re-installing painter which didn't work. At any rate I had another Windows 10 computer that I had not use in a while and it had not had any windows updates for months. I tried it and Painter worked on that computer. I allowed that computer to totally update windows and now the same problem exists on that computer. It's quite doubtful that BOTH computers had a windows update that didn't complete correctly! I'm waiting to hear from Corel again but I don't believe I could be the only person with this problem! After having a windows update earlier this year totally crashing another computer and having to take it to a tech and pay to have it fixed, I'm getting quite weary with windows updates causing problems! And since there were several updates and I hadn't used painter for a few months before the problem I have no way of knowing which update caused this either. Would seem that if I went through totally reinstalling windows on TWO computers and then let windows update the problem would happen all over again. This is getting very upsetting!

:)

alexisandtim, Oct 7, 2018

2. Colour problems with Windows 10 and Corel Painter

Hi Peter,

I suggest you to contact Corel Painter support team for this issue. You can contact them on the link given below.

http://www.corel.com/us/communities/

Let us know if you need any other help related to Windows.

PranavMishra5582, Oct 7, 2018
  3. corel painter x3 and paintshop pro x8 is not longer compatible with windows 10 since last win 10 update, and Painter x3 gives an err 38

Original title: corel painter x3 and paintshop pro x8 is not longer compatible with windows 10 since last win 10 update

Paint shop pro 8 just shuts down, and Painter x3 gives an err 38: please re-install which i have. Checking both properties of the applications said they are not compatible.

JoAnnAnthony, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windows update and Corel Painter

corel painter x3 and paintshop pro x8 is not longer compatible with windows 10 since last win 10 update, and Painter x3 gives an err 38

Hi Joann,

I suggest you follow the below methods and check if it helps

Method 1:

There is a chance that your 38 error could be related to a malware infection on your PC. These malicious intruders can damage, corrupt, or even delete Runtime Errors-related files.

Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Method 2:

I suggest you to download and install the latest patches/updates for the corel painter x3 and paintshop pro x8 from the below link.
    http://www.corel.com/en-eu/support/patches-and-updates/

Note: Select Painter and Paintshop Pro from the above link to download and install the latest patches/updates.

Hope the above information helps, if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Ashwin V S, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows update and Corel Painter

1. Windows update and Corel Painter - Similar Threads - update Corel Painter

2. corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.: Corel Painter 21 won't run since upgrading to windows 11. it is telling me it is not compatible now. opening the program ,it freezes and must restart to exit. I've reached out to Corel but have not found an answer. I've done factory restarts on the program and the computer to...
  3. corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.: Corel Painter 21 won't run since upgrading to windows 11. it is telling me it is not compatible now. opening the program ,it freezes and must restart to exit. I've reached out to Corel but have not found an answer. I've done factory restarts on the program and the computer to...
  4. Windows update missing settings on Corel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update missing settings on Corel: Latest update for Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Built 18363.1556 Update historyFeature update to Windows 10, version 20H2Failed to install on ‎04/‎06/‎2021 - 0xc1900101Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 2Last failed install attempt on ‎01/‎05/‎2021 - 0xc1900101Feature...
  5. Odd behaviour of Format Painter

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Odd behaviour of Format Painter: Hi folks. I'm getting some very odd behaviour with Format Painter in Word 2016. First of all, I know how format painter works, I have been using it for years! However, on this new installation of both Windows 10 Pro (ver 2004) and MS Office Pro Plus 2016 Version 2005 (Build...
  6. Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10: I got Corel Painter 2019 a while back and now after installing it on my Windows 10 PC, I have been unable to get it to run. The error messages state that the code execution cannot proceed because a bunch of .dll files are missing MSVCP140, VCRUNTIME140. I am not sure why they...
  7. Corel 13

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corel 13: Is corel draw 13 version compatible with window 10 pro and which corel version is okay with window 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corel-13/21d5e49d-36e7-4399-9faa-a529033f46d2
  8. Corel Painter Essenstials 5 error 38 Please reinstall

Corel Painter Essenstials 5 error 38 Please reinstall: My wife uses this app a lot and she came to me with this error 38, from my resource I need to restart the Protexis Licensing service under the services app. Ido not have that and seems to be gone. where should I go next? 138890
  9. Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails: File Explorer on Windows 10 used to display thumbnails for Corel Painter .rif files. Why has this changed and we can not view .rif thumbnails? Is MS ****'ing us again?...
  10. Corel Draw

Corel Draw: Hi there I have been offered a complete version of Corel Draw Graphic Suite 12. Is it compatible with Windows 10? Rob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/corel-draw/39139d60-51c4-4d4a-bb41-057afaa59fb0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Update for Corel Painter in Win 10

2. corel